4 Benefits of Using HIIT Programs for Weight Loss

If you are looking for a way to lose weight quickly, High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) programs may be the answer. HIIT is a great way to get in shape and lose weight.

25
4 Benefits of Using HIIT Programs

If you are looking for a way to lose weight quickly, High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) programs may be the answer. HIIT is a great way to get in shape and lose weight. It has been proven an effective workout for those looking to improve their fitness levels and achieve the body they have always wanted. The training can be done for very short periods, but the total workout can be much longer than other forms of exercise like running on a treadmill. HIIT workouts help you burn more calories and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, acute coronary syndrome, and cancer, among others. If you are still not convinced that HIIT is worth your time, you should read on because here are four benefits of using HIIT programs for weight loss!

1. HIIT Improves Inflammatory Markers

Inflammatory markers are substances found in the blood, urine, or other body fluids that indicate inflammation. Clinical evidence shows that inflammation is a common underlying factor in major degenerative diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and hypertension. Inflammation causes weight gain and difficulty losing it too! HIIT leads to improved inflammatory markers, which are responsible for reducing your body mass index (BMI), contributing to weight loss.

2. HIIT Increases Insulin Sensitivity

Insulin sensitivity is a measure of how well insulin can control blood sugar. When someone has low insulin sensitivity, their body doesn't respond to the hormone. This causes them to have high glucose levels in their bloodstream, which can lead to weight gain. Luckily, HIIT has been shown in research studies to lead to more weight loss than other forms of exercise because of its effects on insulin sensitivity. This is because it increases insulin sensitivity by 50%. The more sensitive the body becomes, the easier it is for glucose to enter cells and turn into energy. When this happens, your blood sugar levels stay low, which prevents you from overeating or craving sweets. In the long run, your intake of junk can reduce, significantly contributing to your weight loss.

3. HIIT Improves Serum Lipid Profiles

The lipid profile is a test that measures the levels of lipids in your blood. This test measures total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol. HIIT significantly improved serum lipid profiles in overweight and obese individuals, leading to weight loss. It is because HIIT can help reduce body fat, improve muscle mass, and change cholesterol levels in your blood. Also, this training improves triglyceride levels, LDL cholesterol levels, and total blood fat content in serum, which directly impacts weight loss.

4. HIIT Improves Cardiorespiratory Fitness

You may think that you need to spend hours at the gym or go on long jogs to lose weight, but this is not true. All you need to do is find a routine that will incorporate HIIT into your workout plan. This type of exercise can be done anywhere, and it has been shown to improve cardiorespiratory fitness more than moderate-intensity continuous training (MICT). HIIT also helps with weight loss because it burns fat quickly without needing much time to exercise. Also, HIIT is so effective at helping with weight loss because it increases your metabolism, which can help you burn fat even while not working out. Besides, it helps you improve the amount of oxygen your body uses during workouts, which means that you will have less lactic acid buildup in your muscles when performing physical activities.