4 Attainable New Years Resolutions

4 Attainable New Years Resolutions

Resolutions you won't break after the first day, for mind body and soul.

16
4 Attainable New Years Resolutions
Cailey Walls

Every year people across the world, people set resolutions for themselves. I think people set goals or resolutions that aren't always attainable. Although I think that it's great to dream big, I think it's important to set some goals you can achieve. Here are some common resolutions and how I have altered them for myself.

1. Losing Weight

This one is always on everyone's resolution list. It's obvious when you walk into the gym and it's packed with people you have never seen before. I would love to own a gym and get everyone's money when they sign up for a plan they won't stick to. Really, it's a great tactic that these owners have.

"Yo, lady that is not how you use that and I would love to use it right now. So please get off."

My resolution is to not only exercise more, but to also drink more water. I want to get healthy for myself. Instead of trying to stick to a diet you can't follow, drink more water. You can have that cookie after you have worked out. By filling yourself with water there are more benefits then disadvantages. This website lists all the benefits.

2. Winter Cleaning

We have all heard of spring cleaning but what about winter cleaning? I, like most christmas shoppers, collected a lot of Amazon boxes. I was very happy to hear that Amazon was teaming up with Goodwill. So now cleaning up your closet has never been easier and doing a great thing for someone else is a great way to start off your New Year. For more information you can read this article. After cleaning my closet, I will be able to shop again, and for everything new I buy I will throw something away.

3. Make Me Time

Take a little time every day to do what you want to do.

I, like many throughout the year, forget that sometimes you just need a little me time. You should never give up on things you are passionate about. Some things I like to do each day for myself are go for walks, listen to music, write and take photos. Do something everyday for yourself. Or if you can't do something everyday start by doing one thing every week. Don't skip out on the me time, everyone needs it!

4. MAKE MISTAKES.

Read this quote! You should be making mistakes it's how we grow as individuals, need I say more. But I vow to make more mistakes this New Year. I certainly won't break this resolution.

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever."

-Neil Gaiman

YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR RESOLUTIONS! HAPPY NEW YEAR!