4 Advantages To Dating Someone Older

4 Advantages To Dating Someone Older

Age is just a number.

1322
4 Advantages To Dating Someone Older
Simcha Glassman

Dating someone who is older than you is often looked down upon, especially if they are five or more years older than you. For most people if the age difference between two partners is ten years or more, than there must obviously be some sort of other ulterior motive than just love. However, when you date someone who is older the relationships tends to be more successful because there is less immaturity. Personally, I see no issue with there being a five year difference between partners, or even ten years if it's a good relationship. My boyfriend and I are five years apart and we connect with each other very well. There are definitely many advantages to dating an older person. Here are four advantages to about dating someone who is older:

1. They tend to be more mature

I'm not saying that all younger people are immature, and this is probably more true when it comes to guys, but guys who are my age tend to be very immature. They are immature emotionally and in their actions. They make stupid decisions and tend to not be as committed. I am fully aware that his is an unfair broad generalization to make of all guys since I don't know a lot of guys, but we have all seen them. As people get older, they tend to be more mature, it's that simple. They are not afraid of commitment and they don't play games when it comes to their partner. People who are older tend to know what they want in a relationship and are more interested in serious dating.

2. They are knowledgeable

Another advantage of dating someone older than you is that they have already gone through certain life stages that you are going through and can offer advice. Whether it's finding a job after college, finding an apartment, doing taxes, etc. They also have learned certain things in life that you might have yet to learn or been through experiences that you haven't been through yet so they can also help guide you so that you don't make any mistakes they might have made. It's comforting having someone who knows what you are going through and can help you through it and give you hope that you will make it too.

3. They already have their life together

Because they are older they are mostly likely already out of school and have a job and maybe an apartment. They mostly likely have their life together, which makes it easier because you both aren't scrambling trying to figure out what the next step is while maintaining your relationship. Having one person who is already established is great because they can help you get your life together and it makes spending time together simpler because they already have a set schedule.

4. They are understanding

This might not necessarily be something exclusively found in partners who are older, but from my own personal experience, I believe that partners who are older tend to be more understanding of you and your situation. They understand what you are going through because they have mostly likely gone through it themselves. Whether that be graduation, job searching, or even your insecurities and self-esteem issues, they are understanding and willing to offer any advice and/or support you need willingly and without judgment.