37 Thoughts All College Students Have During Lecture

What really goes through our heads during class.

229
UCC Subaqua Club

As the semester goes on, classes get harder, days get shorter, and the stress levels increase. We long for the semester to be over or for break to come a little faster. As we sit through those long lectures, we think about anything and everything but the class we are in. We just go through the motions of sitting in class and taking notes. Not necessarily absorbing anything.

1. When is class over?
  2. What should I eat for lunch?
  3. I wonder if *insert friends name here* is available to go to lunch?
  4. Chick-fil-a sounds so good right now.
  5. Why did I sign up for this class?
  6. Why is this a requirement for my major?
  7. That girl over there needs to stop asking questions.
  8. If she stops maybe we’ll get out early.
  9. *Looks at clock* only 2 minutes have past.
  10. Why?!
  11. Okay, when I get back to my room, I’m going to take a nap.
  12. Wait…I have a meeting after this. Okay, after my meeting I’ll take a nap.
  13. I really can’t wait for this nap.
  14. What time is it now?
  15. We’ve been in here for 5 minutes. OMG.
  16. I’m just going to surf the internet now to pass time
  17. I’m still paying attention…
  18. Maybe some online shopping will help
  19. What else do I have going on this week?
  20. Oh, the professor is looking, let me look like I’m paying attention.
  21. Okay, she moved on. Back to shopping.
  22. *phone vibrates* why does everyone contact me while I’m in class?
  23. Okay, we’re halfway through this chapter presentation, I really hope we get out early
  24. NO?! We’re starting the next chapter? Ugh.
  25. Ok, don’t fall asleep. Don’t fall asleep.
  26. Maybe partying last night wasn’t the best idea.
  27. Am I still drunk? Or just hungover?
  28. I really shouldn’t have come to class today.
  29. 40 minutes left? Okay, that’s just 20 minutes twice.
  30. 40 minutes is also just four 10 minute segments which is 5 minutes 10 times.
  31. I can do this.
  32. *sees cute classmate* since when are you in my class?
  33. Alright, group projects are coming up, maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll be in my group.
  34. *checks time again* 5 more minutes!
  35. Bless Up!
  36. We’re done?! Thank Goodness!
  37. *Packs up books* Until next time…