35 Awkward Middle School Moments

35 Awkward Middle School Moments

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was... middle school.

2341
35 Awkward Middle School Moments
Sugarscape.come

Life likes to play a three to four year joke on everyone called "middle school." It’s the lowest point of every human’s time on earth, but it somehow makes for terrific stories later in life. Somehow, everyone manages to experience similar awkward moments during this dark time. Here are some of them!

1. Changing in front of everyone in the gym locker rooms
  2. Everyone making “your mom” jokes
  3. Finding penises drawn into all your textbooks (which continues on for as long as you own textbooks)
  4. Hanging out without your parents for the first time, and feeling like a boss
  5. Going to Starbucks and ordering a Vanilla Frappuccino
  6. School dances (ex. slow dancing with sweaty people, asking someone to be your date)
  7. Listening to embarrassing [but super catchy] music (Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, High School Musical [all three of them], pretty much any Disney star)
  8. Getting braces and rubber bands
  9. Getting food stuck in them
  10. Having a bracket pop out during lunch
  11. Getting chosen last in gym class
  12. Asking your crush out… and being brutally rejected
  13. Calling your teacher "mom" by accident
  14. Introducing yourself on the first day of school and praying that you don’t have to do an ice-breaker with the class
  15. Spraying AXE in the locker rooms
  16. Having your name called over the speaker
  17. Getting your first period during class
  18. Getting a NARB
  19. Looking for friends to sit with during lunch
  20. Using heating products every day and looking like you just dropped a toaster in your bathtub
  21. Diary entries where you get surprisingly dark and poetic
  22. Questioning whether you should go out for Halloween (the answer is always yes)
  23. Attending your first boy-girl party
  24. Literally only wearing Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and/or Aeropostale
  25. Constantly wondering if you’re cool enough
  26. Getting your first pimple
  27. Having your first kiss
  28. Having your first boyfriend/girlfriend and “dating them” for 2 weeks - tops
  29. Passing notes to your friends about your crushes
  30. Owning a flip phone and being excessively excited about it
  31. Sending your crush a letter asking if they like you
  32. Emo phases
  33. Having an “LOL so ~*RaNdOm*~” phase (ex. yelling “CHEESE” during lunch, typing “ROFL XD”, being “derpy”, making weird noises at inappropriate times, etc.)
  34. Taking selfies with a digital camera or worse… A FLIP PHONE
  35. Overthinking every awkward moment you have, but then realizing everyone is just as awkward as you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯