34 Thoughts On The First Day Of Class

34 Thoughts On The First Day Of Class

A list of everything that's going through your head; from where to sit to the 15 page syllabus!

10
34 Thoughts On The First Day Of Class

The first day of classes can always be a little scary. There is a room full of mostly unknown people, a new professor and the dreaded syllabus. There are so many choices to make on the first day that will influence how your first impression goes with the professor. Do you sit in the front row? Do you look bored or too eager to learn? And are you overly intimidated by the syllabus that you can’t even see straight? Here are some thoughts that go through every students mind on the first day of class

1. Where should I sit?
  2. There are so many options
  3. Am I the type of person that sits in the front row?
  4. Or the back?
  5. Probably safe to be somewhere in the middle
  6. I hope someone sits next to me
  7. I want to have a partner on the first day and not be alone
  8. Oh no, all the other kids are clustering in the back
  9. Do I move and go sit with them?
  10. Or stay alone in the middle?
  11. It’s been 2 minutes of this class and I’m already stressed
  12. This could be a rough semester
  13. I hope my name is on the roster
  14. Should I correct my professor when she says my last name or just let it go?
  15. And should I tell the professor my shortened name if they don’t ask?
  16. I don’t want to be called my full name all semester but also don’t want to be annoying
  17. Oh no, the syllabus is HUGE
  18. Almost 15 weeks of straight homework
  19. And exams
  20. And papers
  21. Times 5 classes
  22. This is impossible
  23. Here we go, page one of 15 on the syllabus
  24. I am going to be living at the library
  25. It’s official, I’m picking up my dorm and moving it into the library
  26. Will this class be as hard as it seems?
  27. Wait…the final exam counts for how much of the overall grade? 35%?
  28. Wow, that’s a make or break exam
  29. I hope the professor ends class early after we finish reading the syllabus
  30. Oh no, we finished the syllabus and they are still talking
  31. But why?
  32. It’s the first day of class, I wasn’t ready for this!
  33. They are grabbing the whiteboard marker
  34. This is it, the semester has actually started
  35. Wow, I forgot how to hold a pencil and write because I did no work for the past month of break
  36. This is weird
  37. Here we go, let the fun of the second semester begin!