Report this Content
Allowing ourselves to become enveloped in rhythms and lyrics, humans have a funny habit of sonically transporting to new dimensions, locations, and situations under the influence of music. Each genre and song evokes a different psychological interaction within the listener's subjective perspective.
The varying methods in which each generation interacts with art reflect values and skills within the particular age group. As for the youths of today, curating compilations of entertainment is a defining quirk of Gen Z.
From Vine/TikTok anthologies to movie montages to Spotify playlists, young people addictively inject a concentrated bit of culture into our lives, fitting nearly every emotion and experience imaginable. Below are 33 of the most distinct playlists I could find on Spotify, dripping with imagery and irony, with links included under each photo.
1. “England in the snow: you're in Victorian England & you're walking down a path adorned with the warm aureate glow of gaslights & it's snowing softly & u have your hands buried deep in ur coat pockets while somewhere in the distance, someone announces that the queen is dead”
england in the snow
2. “sunbathing because of 'Rona but you’ve had too much caffeine”
sunbathing because of Rona but you’ve had too much caffeine
4. “Harry Styles songs crafted into a jukebox musical”
harry songs crafted into a jukebox musical
5. The user, Joscelyn.Stocks, has a rainbow of tunes with 12 playlists devoted to the energy of different colors.
🌲Dark Green Songs
6. “Songs That Excite The Old Folks”
songs that excite the old folks
7. “Time For A Little Bit Of Chaos”
time for a lil bit of chaos
8. “stranded ashore a mystical island”
stranded ashore a mystical island
10. “to the ends of the earth, would you follow me?”
to the ends of the earth would you follow me?
13. “for when I don’t have trust issues”
for when i dont have trust issues
14. “would sell my kidney to hear for the 1st time again”
would sell my kidney to hear for the 1st time again
15. “you meet god at a gas station at 3:03 am & he asks you if you want to go for a motorcycle ride with him”
hanging out w/ god at 3 am
17. “It’s the year 2077 & you’re at a nightclub in Tokyo with your best friend, you’re both on the run from a group of rebels but you feel safe in this little neon corner of nowhere so when a robot waiter offers you a strawberry daiquiri you accept it”
18. “songs I’d play if my hypothetical boyfriend cheated on me”
Songs I’d play if my hypothetical boyfriend cheated on me
20. “when i’m sad in the bathtub feels”
when i'm sad in the bathtub feels
21. “Songs That Make Gay People Scream”
💥Songs That Make Gay People Scream💥
22. “what falling in love sounds like”
what falling in love sounds like
29. “Life Is Like A Friendship Bracelet”
🌸🦋✨Life Is Like a Friendship Bracelet✨🦋🌸
30. “Songs you forgot about but I listen to on a daily basis”
Songs you forgot but I listen to on a daily basis
31. “you're at a rave but you're a basic teenage girl in white air forces”
at a rave but you’re a basic teenage girl in white air force
32. “tastes like expensive coffee”
tastes like expensive coffee
33. “clubbing but you’re sad in the smoking area and it’s the 80’s”
Clubbing but you’re sad , in the smoking area and it’s the 80s
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.