32 Throwback Songs You Can’t Help Jamming Out To

This list will make you want to hear them ASAP.

5577
Alex Feehan

These are the songs you always heard at block parties, school dances, birthdays and with your friends dancing around your room. These songs range from Avril Lavigne, to High School Musical, to Justin Bieber, to Eminem, so a very, very wide variety of songs! You knew (know) all of the lyrics and can probably still sing along with them to this day (and probably still listen to them too)!

1. Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne

This song definitely defines a generation! You could always hear it being played at middle school dances and at birthday parties. Even now, my friends and I absolutely love blasting this song in the car and jamming out!

2. A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton

The minute we heard the opening chords to this song we all freaked out. Everyone used to play this song blasting in the car (and we still do), I even sang it in choir once! It’s definitely one of those songs that everybody loved, especially if you had someone you would walk “a thousand miles” to see.

3. Ultimate from Freaky Friday

Jamming out on air guitar to the beginning chords of this song was (and is) the way to listen to it! A great song from an even greater movie!

4. Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney

Oh, Jesse McCartney. Everyone had posters of him on their walls and listened to his songs all of the time. This one being one of the favorites, all of the girls definitely wished that he would want their “beautiful souls” and not anyone else’s! *Swoon*

5. Because of You by Kelly Clarkson

If anyone was dealing with heartbreak Kelly Clarkson was and is the person to listen to! Even if you weren’t dealing with heartbreak her songs still made you feel the emotions as if you were going through one. The best song to help get your frustrations out about the boy who hurt you!

6. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

Here she is again, everything I said above is true with this song to. If anyone was missing someone this was the song to listen to! More of an upbeat song about heartbreak that you could dance and vent to at the the same time.

7. Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift

Just break up with a guy? Yell this song to anyone who would listen! Taylor Swift is famous for writing about her heartbreak and these songs definitely help you through! “So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time as far as I’m concerned you're just another picture to burn.”

8. Bad Day by Daniel Powter

The title of this song says it all. If you had a bad day, try and turn it around listening to this!

9. Start of Something New from High School Musical

The High School Musical franchise blew up in 2006, three movies long, one even being in theaters. This song is supposed to cover for all of the High School Musical songs, but this one specifically is the one that started it all. Every time an HSM song comes on we all just have to jam out to it in the car!

10. I Got Nerve by Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana was a big part of my childhood and probably yours, too. This song is one of my favorites, but really all of the Hannah Montana songs are one big throwback! I love to just turn on Spotify, let her songs play on repeat and just dance in the car with my friends.

11. Year 3000 by the Jonas Brothers

This was the first Jonas Brothers song I think I had ever heard. From that moment on, I fell in love with them. The fact that they were three cute brothers in a band was the best thing ever and all of my friends and I were obsessed with their music. Whenever anything Jonas Brothers comes on, I know that we will all just rock out and remember our middle school days.

12. Love Song by Sara Bareilles

The second you hear the piano start for this song you know what it’s going to be and immediately you get excited! Everyone just loves this catchy “love song”.

13. Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy

As soon as everybody on the dance floor heard “YOUU” they knew what song it was and if you were sitting you got up and ran over to dance!

14. This is Me from Camp Rock

Camp Rock was another very successful franchise by Disney starring Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas. This song helped you to find your identity with Mitchie Torres and it was just oh so relatable! My friends and I still jam out to it with all of our hearts.

15. When I Grow Up by the Pussycat Dolls

At one point every kid imagines what it would be like to be famous and this song explains this feeling and how it would affect you to a T!

16. Heartless by Kanye West

I heard this song for the first time when I was in fifth grade and I remember singing along to it with my friend and knowing every single word. We used to sing it with so much feeling you would think we had both already gotten our hearts broken.

17. Kiss Me Thru the Phone by Soulja Boy

Soulja Boy tell ‘em! This was another one of Soulja Boy’s songs that we knew all the words to and was great to dance around the house to.

18. Low (feat. T – Pain) by Flo Rida

“Apple bottom jeans, jeans, boots with the fur, with the fur, the whole club was looking at her.” Everyone somehow knew all the dance moves to this song and when it came on not a single person was sitting down or standing off to the side. It was like there was this silent pact that everybody had to dance with all their might to this song!

19. Down by Jay Sean and Lil Wayne

Just a really upbeat song that I could never get out of my head and could listen to for hours!

20. Sexy Chick (feat Akon) by David Guetta

Upbeat music and with a friend, we couldn’t help but scream this song at the top of our lungs and dance around the house!

21. Good Girls Go Bad (feat Leighton Meester) by Cobra Starship

Something about this song made my friends and I fall in love with it when we were in middle school. Another song to just listen to at full volume dancing around your room!

22. I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas

The minute you heard the intro to this song you knew it was The Black Eyed Peas. If you’re at a party of course you want to sing a song about that night being a good night! Obviously everyone’s favorite part is when they echo the words they are already singing, screaming them at whatever venue you’re at and doing crazy dance moves.

23. Catch me by Demi Lovato

This song is for the person who is afraid of falling in love again because they have gotten hurt before. When I was younger, I loved the song because it was so emotional and I felt her emotions through her singing. Now listening to it, being older it has even more meaning for me, and is completely relatable.

24. Knock You down by Keri Hilson, Kanye West and Ne – Yo

“Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down just get back up when it knocks you down, knocks you down.” I love the message this song gives and rapping along to it was and is always fun, too.

25. Replay by Iyaz

Really catchy, fun song for car rides and to memorize all the words to!

26. One Time by Justin Bieber

In middle school I was a Justin Bieber fanatic, my walls were covered and every song my friend and I would listen to on repeat. This specific song just defines the whole Justin Bieber in 2009 era and we will forever remember “the Bieber hair”.

27. Love the Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna

Rapping to Eminem was always fun because you felt so accomplished when you could memorize all the words and adding Rihanna in their to sing the song with him was just perfect. My friends and I used to have contests to see who memorized more words (It was a tie).

28. Bottoms up (feat. Nicki Minaj) by Trey Songz

“Ooh, this mister steal your girl, ooh, this mister steal your girl.” Another fun, catchy song to dance to and memorize all of the words to!

29. Airplanes by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams

“I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.”

30. DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love by Usher and Pitbull

“Usher, Usher, yeah man.” This song always played at block parties and school dances, making everybody dance and sing at the top of their lungs.

31. According to You by Orianthi

We always sang this song when we were mad at someone and needed to vent and get our feelings out. Usually a song to sing alone in your room, having a dance party and singing to your mirror.

32. Not Afraid by Eminem

The final song on the list, everybody used to know all of the words. The rap song to memorize at the time! “I shouldn’t have to rhyme these words in a rhythm for you to know it’s a rap.”

After seeing this list you’re probably like: