37 Things Every Color Guard Member Can Relate To

"I think I jammed my finger again..."

4191
Roll Tide Bama / Facebook

Whether it was middle school, high school, college, or independent, every guard member has a list of experiences that are easily relatable to one another.

1. When you find out friends won't be re-auditioning.

2. After long "all-day" rehearsals.

3. Counting phrases up to 16..."Nine, ten, eleven, twelve, third, fourth, fifth, sixth"

4. When your instructor finally says "fold the floor" or "everybody, come on down."

5. Messing up in a run = the instructor's glare of death...

6. The start of every season.

7. Countless bruises, a broken toe, two jammed fingers, and an ankle brace later...

8. Walking off the floor/field after a flawless performance.

9. The long bus rides.

10. "OH, I CAN DO THAT"

When your non-guard friends think they can spin or toss your equipment just as good as you.

11. Make-up and Costumes

You never question what your instructor or show designer asks you to wear.. you just do it.

12. "Please don't hit me... Please don't hit me"

When your choreographer asks you to toss and do some sort of trick underneath it.

13. That one girl on the team who can do just about ANYTHING.

14. WHAT IS MY SET?!

15. Finally learning that impossible trick

16. Windy practices

WHY ARE WE STILL PRACTICING?!

17. Torrential downpour practices

18. That clapping ritual that every winterguard competition circuit has

19. FINALLY claiming the back of the bus

20. If you're "on time" you're late.

If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late.

21. The girl who ALWAYS gets hurt.

22. Uniform on. It's a whole new world.

23. When the band director asks for everyone to move back to measure 12 in the music.

WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

24. Getting put next to your besties in the stands.

25. Water breaks. The Holy Grail.

26. Spinning everything and anything.

27. Losing only gives you more motivation.

28. Finally winning.

29. The bizarre shows.

30. The emotional shows.

31. The intense shows.

32. You've watched Northmont's infamous "Dante's Inferno" at least twenty times.

33. You may look young and chipper on the outside, but you feel 50+ years older on the inside.

34. Toss face.

Everyone has one. The good, the bad, and the ugly..

35. Hitting your head... a lot

36. Beginning free arms.

37. Ending the season, and starting the process all over again.

Try to count and see how many of the experiences above are relatable to you! If you don't see one, be sure to comment your favorite.