30 Things Your Girlfriend Actually Wants

Just know that when we say we want small fries, that we probably want medium and a milkshake to dip them in.

15953

1. FLOWERS

I cannot think of anything more romantic than being surprised with your favorite flowers by the person you love. Walmart literally sells flowers for like $3. It is definitely not all about how much money you spend on us, we care about effort.

2. Take Pictures with Her!

I don't know why it is so awkward to be like "Hey, lets take a picture!" But it is for me, at least. If I am having a good hair day and my makeup looks good and we don't take a picture, I am going to be extremely disappointed. I want to show off my babe of a boyfriend to my friends! It is not hard to just smile! It is also not hard for YOU to say "Babe, lets take a picture." Once again, we appreciate effort. ;)

3. Compliments

If you notice your girls hair is a different color, or shorter. SAY SOMETHING. If you notice she is wearing a shirt that you've never seen, SAY SOMETHING. We don't dress up to impress you and I don't own 25 kylie lip kits to impress you either. But sometimes we just want to know that you pay attention to us.

4. Show us that you care

There is a huge difference between saying you care about someone and actually showing it. If you tell me you care about me then ignore me all day, never put effort into hanging out with me, and always have excuses, there is no way I am going to believe you when you tell me that you care about me. I am not sure if you are scared that your guy friends are going to say you are whipped or what the issue is. But, if you want to be in a relationship you are definitely going to have to get over that.

5. Tell her you're proud of her

Whether she passed her exam or got a new job. Be excited for her and let her know you are proud of her. Sometimes we need to hear that our hard work is paying off and not going unnoticed. You are someone she cares about the most, and you simply saying "I'm proud of you" will make her day.

6. Good morning and goodnight texts

I understand we are no longer in high school and we both have busy lives, but I know you have enough time in the morning and evenings to look at your snap to see what your bros are doing. Which means you can take not even ten seconds out of your day to text me and say "Good morning. Have a good day!" Or if you are going to be busy all day, how hard is it to say "I have a busy day ahead of me, I will talk to you tonight,"?

7. Hug her

If you notice she is having a bad day, or she just doesn't seem like herself, hug her. There is something so comforting to be bear hugged when you are feeling down. It is also comforting to know that you were actually paying attention enough to notice that we were having a bad day.

8. If we vent to you, say more than "Oh, I gotcha"

Listen, I get that you don't care about the latest girl drama. But, I also do not care about cars, nor do I understand what the heck you are talking about. But I still I listen to you. I need you to back me up and be like "Omg, she said what?" Like please get into my story.

9. Take us out

We do not have to do something every single time we hang out. But I am sick and tired of "Netflix and chill". Take me out to eat, take me to get ice cream, take me to the zoo! I do not care. What we do does not have to be expensive, but don't hide me away.

10. Related to #9, Show us off

Let everyone know that I am yours. Girls do not always have to be the one to post about their boyfriends on social media. You don't even have to post about us in order to show us off. Sometimes it is nice to dress up and go on a nice date. We just want to feel like you are proud to be with us.

11. Meet our families

Having a relationship with my family is so important, to me, anyway. I am very close with my family and their opinion about my boyfriend is important. That's why it is necessary for my boyfriend and family to meet, bond, and form a relationship. I am not saying we need to eat dinner together every night, but make an effort to once in awhile.

12. Honesty

This is so important. It really does not matter what it is, but please be honest. Be honest about what you are doing. About what you are feeling. About what you want. About seriously everything. And in return, we will be honest with you.

13. Be supportive

Whether we are an athlete, a student, or currently just living life. Be supportive in all that we do. Sometimes it feels like the world is crashing down on us, that is when we need you the most.

14. Be protective

Usually boys have pretty good instincts about other guys intentions. If you start to sense someone has bad intentions with your girl, say something. There is a difference between being protective and being psycho, know the difference. Also, remember that if your girl wanted to be with someone else - she would be. But she wants you.

15. Cuddle with us

There is nothing better than cuddling. It doesn't matter if it is day, night, rainy or sunny. I am down to cuddle whenever, and to be with me, you need to be too.

16. Don't call us hot

Of course, a compliment is a compliment. But, being hot really does not mean that much. Call us beautiful, smart or kind. There is so much more to us than being hot. And, we deserve to be treated as more than that.

17. Little surprises

The movies all imply that in order to woo your girlfriend you need to light a hundred candles and spread rose petals all over the room, but that is not the case. It really does not matter if you were waiting in line at the gas station and saw something that you thought I may like. Or if you were literally doing anything and something reminded you of me. Spending money is not even necessary to make us happy. It could be something as simple as bringing us breakfast in bed, or picking a movie that you know is one of our favorites. It literally does not matter, we love surprises.

18. Stand up for us

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but let's be realistic. If you hear someone saying something negative about us, speak up, have our back. I don't care if it one of your bro's or if it is a random on facebook. Do not let anyone speak poorly about us, especially if you constantly tell us how much we mean to you.

19. Make us laugh

We know that you will never be funny as us, but you can at least try. If you notice we are having a bad day, try to make us laugh. Honestly, make us laugh any time, there is nothing better than laughing until your stomach hurts. My mom once said, "Be with someone who can make you laugh". And I swear that is so important; I can't stand being around someone who doesn't think anything's funny.

20. Attention

Your money or your things do not matter to me, but giving me your attention does. Girls require a lot of attention, we are kind of like puppies. We need to be fed, watered, pet and played with.

21. Have goals

It is hard to imagine someone having goals with their partner when they don't even have goals for themselves. We are not asking for anything crazy like being the President. But, have goals and have a way you are going to achieve them.

22. Respect

Respect us as the human being that we are. Respect not only us, but respect everyone. But also, respect yourself. Respect our boundaries, by not pushing us to do anything that we are uncomfortable with. Respect us when we trust sharing personal things with you. Respect us by not flirting with other girls. Respect us by pointing out our strengths. Respect us by helping us feel welcome while hanging out with your friends. We hear what the guys say about their girlfriends or their exes, and we do not want to be talked about that way. We do not want to be an obligation, either. Respect us by being truthful and letting us know that you do not talk about us in that way.

23. Food

24. Your sweatshirt with your cologne

If we can't spend every day with you, we at least want to have something that reminds us of you every time we get a whiff of your amazing smelling cologne. And, no, you will not be getting it back.

25. To pick what to do every once in awhile

Deciding where to eat is honestly impossible sometimes. Take some initiative and decide where to go. If we ask you where you want to go, we are just trying to be polite. We do not know how much you want to spend. If you are ballin' on a budget we are okay with going to McDonald's and eating off the dollar menu. It does not matter where we eat, we just like spending time with you.

26. Be loyal

It is so important to be loyal. Please do not take advantage of how vulnerable we are with you. Please end the relationship if you are unhappy and want to be with someone else. The scars that being cheated on leave are hard to repair.

27. An apology

If you are wrong, apologize. If you are in an argument and you don't want to lose her, apologize. Sometimes it is important to put your pride aside and decide what is important. If you apologize, make it sincere; do not just say "sorry for whatever".

28. Motivate her

If you see her struggling in school, or you know she is trying to eat healthy be her biggest supporter. You, as her boyfriend, are automatically her biggest cheerleader. You are the one she talks to the most. You are also the one who can make her worst days better.

29. Remember special dates

If you really want to impress her know her birthday, the date you went on your first real date, your anniversary. Do not rely on facebook for these things. If she means anything to you at all, this will not be difficult, especially if you can remember all of the stats of baseball teams.

30. Love her

Most importantly, love her. It is so important to tell her the moment you feel this way about her. She wants you to say that you love her when she least expects it. She wants to feel you say those three words deep within her bones. She wants it to be real, true love, not something that you feel obligated to say. She wants you to love her when she is looking her best but also while wearing a face mask and the same pajamas she has been wearing for a week. She wants to feel your love when she feels like she is no longer lovable. She especially wants to feel your love while the two of you are with friends. Do not hide your love for us.

Of course, every single thing that you want, your man deserves as well. It is so important to spoil them and treat them well, especially if that is how you want to be treated. I hope you find a man who makes you happier than you have ever been.