30 Things To Talk About At The Family Dinner Table That Aren't Politics Or Religion

No, Aunt Martha. I don't want to discuss foreign policy.

155
seventeen.com

We’ve all been there. Our family is our blood, and we will always love them. As much as we cherish them, though, we don’t always cherish their opinions. The golden rule of most family functions is to avoid all talk of religion and politics. Here are 30 things to discuss instead.

1. How mad you get when McDonald’s gives you your large diet coke in a plastic cup instead of a Styrofoam one. (I don’t care that it’s not a sweet tea.)

2. Why radishes are spicy. (But really, why?)

3. Why large bowls of cereal are impractical.

4. The theory that maybe Trix aren’t in fun shapes anymore cause you’re not a kid and now you see them as boring circles.

5. How sad you are that Oreo cereal isn’t a thing anymore.

6. Your passion for cereal.

7. Bob Ross

8. Carla, who really hates the McDonald’s on Dorset

9. Why Tic Tac only needs to make the orange kind. (Does anyone get the white ones?)

10. The liver damage that too much Ibuprofen can cause.

11. The Pokemon you found under your Grandma’s dinner table.

12. How Zayn said an alien told him to leave One Direction.

13. How Tom and Taylor just don’t seem legit.

14. How Betty White is immortal.

15. Bob Saget. (Nothing special about him, just better than politics.)

16. How sad you are that Amanda Bynes drank some loco hot cocoa.

17. How the new Colonel Sanders is a fake.

18. How you miss the old Kanye.

19. Ariana Grande’s success story.

20. How mad you are Netflix is raising its price. (You’re not even that mad, but it’s something.)

21. What the ‘21’ kid will be like when he’s older.

22. Physics

23. "Jump In" with Corbin Bleu

24. Theories on what happened to Frankie Jonas (Don’t google it; that’s just not fun.)

25. How you’re a little afraid diet soda may actually kill you, but you can’t stop drinking it.

26. "The Bee Movie"

27. One-a-day contact lenses.

28. That lady who is really obsessed with sponges.

29. Why minion memes are poisoning America.

30. Who should be the next Carpool Karaoke guest.

So as you can see, these are only a few things to discuss instead of those beloved hot button issues. You can also see literally anything is better than a fight across the table while your uncle isn't passing the green bean casserole on 'accident.'

Good luck, my friends!