30 Signs Your Roommate Is Basically Your Mother

"When was the last time you showered?"

109
Lily Roter

College holds a different meaning for everyone, but to most, it means freedom. When I was packing up to leave my childhood home, I kept thinking about how I would no longer have a curfew or a bedtime and that I could eat whenever or wherever I wanted. What I failed to realize in the midst of all of this excitement was that with freedom comes responsibility. Unfortunately, this doesn't sink in until the exact second you are standing alone in your dorm room watching your parents leave. Then it hits you. How the f*ck do I do laundry? Who is going to tuck me in and give me four kisses each night? Where do I buy food? Well, if you are as lucky as I am, your roommate will help out with some of these sticky situations.

So, here's to you, roomie. Thanks for making sure my a** gets home safe.

1. They wake you up for class and make sure you actually go.

2. They don't let you leave without taking a jacket.

3. They don't judge you or your questionable acts from the night before.

4. But they always let you know when you need to get your sh*t together.

5. They are your personal nurse when you are feeling sick.

6. They comment on all of your social media posts.

7. They need to approve of your significant other.

8. They worry when you are not back by the time you said you would be.

9. And they make sure you get home safe.

10. They will even come pick you up from wherever you are.

11. They leave you encouraging notes around the room.

12. They are the first person you go to for advice.

13. They lend you money or donate to your sorority's philanthropy events.

14. They have walked in on you naked many, many times.

15. They inform you when your outfit is too slutty.

16. They give you coupons.

17. They make sure you eat enough and cook you "meals".

AKA Ramen or Easy-Mac.

18. They remind you to take your phone, keys, wallet, or ID before leaving.

19. They have said, "I told you to go to the bathroom before we left!" at least once.

20. They stop you from making questionable decisions.

"Do you think it's okay for me to eat this if it was on the floor?"

21. They bring you home food.

22. They ask how your day was and how you did on your big test.

23. And they tell you it's okay when you fail.

24. They are able to find any item you are missing.

Mom Magic.

25. They teach you how to do laundry.

26. They call you by your full name when angry.

27. They make sure you eventually go to bed.

28. They tuck you in and turn off the lights.

29. They know when you've messed up, haven't showered in three days, and have mental breakdowns.

30. But they love you anyway.