3 Ways To Tell Your Anxiety To Calm Down

3 Ways To Tell Your Anxiety To Chill Out And Take A Deep Breath

It's hard to deal with anxiety, but there are ways to make it a little easier.

959

College can be SO stressful! If you're dealing with an anxiety disorder, you are never alone! According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), 40 million adults have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Anxiety is a sense of fear and a feeling of nervousness because of a specific situation or outcome. When you are feeling anxious, these are some ways to help you calm down!

1. Take a walk outside

Have you ever been in a situation that makes you want to run away and hide forever? One of the best ways to calm yourself down is to go for a walk. All your thoughts come together and add up until it's too much, and a simple, calm, and silent walk will help you focus more on your body than your mind. Taking time for yourself is very important. SELF LOVE IS KEY. Being with yourself, and only yourself, helps the mind think slower and thus help you feel more relaxed. While on your walk, think about all that is around you, and take it in. You'll see all the beautiful things to be happy about!

2. Put on your happiest playlist

Usually, when you're feeling out of place, all you want to do is listen to sad music. Do the opposite instead! Make a playlist with songs that make you want to get up and dance. Upbeat songs with positive lyrics will help you think of happy memories. You have to think of all the positives when you're feeling anxious, or it will take longer for you to relieve the stress you're feeling. Happy songs are also a serotonin booster! Think of music as your best friend. Music is there to comfort you and make you feel like your best self again.

3. Get those Zs in

Getting a good 6-8 hours of sleep can make a big change in how you feel. Lack of sleep has a negative effect on the body and mind. Your mood when you wake up will affect your mood for the rest of the day. Going to bed at a reasonable time will help you wake up feeling more energized and refreshed. Your mind will be at ease in the morning and that will help you stay calmer throughout the day. Go to bed early and wake up ready to accomplish anything that life throws at you!