3 Ways To Survive Senioritis!

3 Ways To Survive Senioritis!

It Doesn't Have to be Chronic

29
3 Ways To Survive Senioritis!
My Prince George Now

This is my last year at Biola University. Seriously, where has the time gone? It feels like only yesterday I walked onto the campus as a freshman—wide-eyed, terrified, and searching for my S.O.S. group—and now I am filling out my graduation petition. As I look ahead, my future is not as clear as I’d like it to be, but I know that I have one…somewhere. One challenge I can’t seem to overcome is senioritis. We all feel it. I think I started showing symptoms my Junior year. When I watched my best friend receive her diploma this past spring, my spirit graduated with her. Honestly guys…I’m done! It’s hard even to get up in the mornings and face class, work, or chapel when I know the end is just around the corner. I’m tired before the day has even begun. But I have found several ways to lessen my symptoms of senioritis. If you find yourself in a similar predicament, read on!

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F03%2F636085305102573389-791824799_636085305087849942-1514423349_old-man-dance-o.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=950&h=df55b4f536f45f3763a30e241e55d366070bf3639da8476eac519e72e3e740a1&size=980x&c=3451197048 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F03%252F636085305102573389-791824799_636085305087849942-1514423349_old-man-dance-o.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D950%26h%3Ddf55b4f536f45f3763a30e241e55d366070bf3639da8476eac519e72e3e740a1%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3451197048%22%7D" expand=1]

1. Find new challenges. I know you may be thinking, “What?! I thought you said we’re too tired to even face the day?” Hear me out. By challenge I mean a fun challenge like running an extra mile in the evenings or finding a new hobby you were always interested in. I recommend something active because we are exercising our brains more than our bodies. Plus, physical activity reduces stress, which we could all use a little less of anyways.

2. Enjoy Guilty Pleasures. Whether it is a Grande caramel macchiato or a show on Netflix you binge watch over and over again, never forget to indulge in a guilty pleasure or two. I recently found a show to watch with my sister—who is my roommate—and now I always look forward to 7:00 pm because that’s when we take a break and watch at least three episodes together. It’s addicting, yet relaxing.

3. Don’t focus on the future. As seniors, it’s hard not to think about the future. We are often asked, “What will you do after graduation?” “Where do you want to work?” “What do you want to do with your life?” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to answer these questions and I’m sure you feel my pain. You don’t have to have anything figured out now. Invest in the NOW! If you plant your seeds—however small—now, something will come out of it. I applied to my current job last semester and it led to another job which might actually lead to a potential position post-graduation. You never know where your choices may lead you. If you actively invest in your present, your future can’t help but be affected.

Whether you are suffering from senioritis or know someone who is, hang in there! You’re almost done. But this isn’t the time to give up. Finishing strong is the other half of the battle. We might as well learn how to finish strong now rather than later.