3 Totally Not Lame, Cool Halloween Costume Ideas for Halloween 2017

Impress your friends and family this Halloween with these spooky costume ideas!

156
dreamstime

Boo! Did I scare you?

With Halloween right around the corner, it's now more important than ever to start planning (and preparing) your costume ideas for this year's festivities. While I have no doubt that many of you are planning to go as "Pennywise the Dancing Clown" or "Harley Quinn" or some other sexy clown, but I'm sure there's still quite a few of you that are yearning for some fresher, more exciting costume ideas.

Well fear not faithful readers, for in this very article I will showcase some inventive costume ideas that are sure to knock the Halloween-themed socks off of party goers and trick-or-treaters alike.

1. Spooky, Haunted Elbow

Think of the reaction you'd get from fellow party participants when you show up dressed as a disembodied, possessed elbow! The haunted aspects of this costume keep it scary and interesting, while the elbow aspects of it make it fun and flirty. Really the only downside of this costume is that people may mistake you for a spooky, haunted knee, which is fairly overdone at this point.

2. Sexy Pig

Showing up dressed as a sexy pig would pretty much automatically make you the life of whatever party you might attend this Halloween. What other costume could be more daring or enchanting then a pig, that also happens to be really, really sexy? For this costume to work you can't half ass the sexy part. I can't be more clear about this, if someone sees you in the outfit, they better be better say "Well damn! That's a sexy pig!". Otherwise, what's the point?

3. A Sopping Wet Ball of Yarn

Admittedly, this one is a little out there, so I know most people probably won't go for it. To those who like to play it safe, just dress up as an elbow or a sexy pig. But for those who like to walk on the wild side, try dressing up as a drippy, extremely wet ball of yarn. You'll be sure to turn heads wherever you go, and will be making a pretty powerful statement at the same time. What could be better than that? The hardest part of this costume to get right is making sure you maintain a solid level of wetness on and in the costume throughout the whole of Halloween. Use whatever's at your disposal to do so, whether it's water, spit, other people's drinks, etc. Whatever you do, don't let yourself come even close to becoming a dry ball of yarn. That's when this costume would cross the line from being provocative, to just plain offensive.

Regardless of which of these costumes you end up choosing (since you are, in fact, required to choose one of these) just remember to have a safe, fun Halloween!