3 Time Management Tips for Junior Year

3 Time Management Tips for Junior Year

Work smarter, not harder.

137
3 Time Management Tips for Junior Year
Odyssey

I'm not going to lie. Junior year is easily the hardest and most stressful year of high school. Overwhelming coursework, extracurriculars, community service, internships, AP exams, finals...the list just goes on and on, but I've also learned some very valuable lessons from my time at Roswell High School.

1. STOP PROCRASTINATING.

This is the only tip that I am going to put in bold and all caps. Seriously. Just don't do it. This is one of the most crucial elements of having a successful, stress-free junior year of high school. Once you begin that circle of procrastination, it becomes very difficult to get out of it because one thing affects another- it's a chain reaction. This is one of the main reasons which students often pull all-nighters or fake sick to avoid going to school during their junior year. The work can become so piled up that it becomes very difficult to catch up once you're behind.

2. Actually pay attention in class.

Okay, this may seem like a very obvious tip, but it's also one of the least followed. Many people just sit in class and talk or browse social media on their phones, and this can make them REALLY behind on schoolwork. The general rule of thumb is that if you pay attention in class, you won't have to study as much for that class at home, and that will become a huge timesaver. Another advantage of paying attention is that it helps you remember the material and results in a general increase in grades as well.

3. Make use of your study hall.

This also falls under the general theme of time management - it's crucial to make sure that you make use of every second of the day at school. Extracurriculars and volunteer hours often take up so much time during after school that it becomes difficult to finish all your homework at home without pulling an all-nighter. If you do pull an all-nighter, it becomes increasingly more difficult to focus.

This is a short article, but remember these three things as you go through junior year - even though it can seem overwhelming at first, if you manage your time efficiently, you can make the worst year of high school one of your best.