3 Things Women Should Stop Apologizing For

Women apologize for so much, even though we shouldn't.

13

There are so many things that women get shamed for. Women are made to apologize for the simplest of things, even things we personally can not help. The world has such a distorted view of what a women should be that people seem to forget that not all women are the same. Here are five things that women apologize for that we shouldn't have too.

1. Wearing makeup

Women who wear makeup often get criticized for wearing it. Things like you are fake or you have to be ugly because you wear so much makeup, you don't need makeup, you're prettier without it, are just some of the things that people feel the need to tell girls who like to wear makeup. If you love makeup and are good at it then tell those people to shove it because you do not have to explain yourself to anyone, your reasons for wearing makeup are your own. If you are really good at doing makeup please show it off because that is art, you my friend are an artist and art deserves to be appreciated and shown off.

If you are one of those people who do not like to wear makeup then do not apologize for that either. Natural beauty is wonderful and not everyone is as good at doing makeup as some. Some women may not have the time in the morning to do their makeup really nice either. You do not have to wear makeup to be beautiful! Makeup is for some people and others it just is not their thing and that is totally okay. Wear your natural face with pride.

2. Liking sex

Slut shaming is a real thing and women who like sex get slut shamed the most. It's really a double standard because men who do the exact same thing are congratulated and celebrated while women are cast aside and isolated. If you like sex don't apologize for it! If you like to have a lot of sex, a little bit of sex, sex with one guy, more then one guy or even girls you do you because at the end of the day sex is natural and you are in charge of your own body. Don't let someone slut shame you for enjoying something that is totally meant to be enjoyed. Sex is good and no matter what gender it should be enjoyed without the fear of being shamed.

3. Weight

Women are constantly fat shamed because society has this idea that women need to look like a photo shopped model which is the most unrealistic expectation in the world. Women come in all shapes and sizes and every single one of them are beautiful. Another thing that women get shamed for is being bigger and wearing clothes that people presume are for smaller women such as crop tops, short dresses, and tighter clothes in general. If the clothes come in your size and you are comfortable in then by all means wear those clothes and smile at the haters because you are beautiful, no on deserves to take that away from you. Clothes are not one size fits all and neither are women.