Three Reasons Why Community Colleges Should Be Free

Who wants to start off adulthood in debt?

28244
http://www.eatlivegrowpaleo.com/2012/05/saving-money-on-food.html

In today's society, college education has become quite a necessity if you are looking for a bright future. Everyday, there are kids working hard on homework, or studying for tests that'll allow them to have success in the upcoming years. One main problem that seems to be getting worse every year is finding a way to finance each student's college education. Some students have no problem paying for two or four-year colleges, due to scholarships. On the other hand, a handful of students struggle on a daily basis to come up with funds to pay for tuition, or even over-priced books. Here are three reasons why community colleges should be free of cost.

1. Free tuition will allow students to concentrate on their studies, instead of their jobs.

While going to school, a majority of students have part-time jobs. These jobs help pay for many things such as car payments, phone payments, and even school. Many students face a daily struggle of not only having to pay bills, but trying to also pay for school.

Community colleges can be expensive by themselves, but adding on hundreds of dollars each semester just to pay for books is absurd. If community college dropped all costs of tuition, a handful of more students will attend them. It will allow students to have a more stable mentality of their money by not worrying about the cost of college. It will also help students concentrate more on their studies of work, rather than having to worry about how to pay for their study of work.

2. Students raised in underprivileged families never have a chance.

There are a handful of students who work hard everyday in school, but never have the chance to go for a degree. The lack of money should never stop a student from achieving success in any school. By students not going to school, they are having their dreams shattered at a very young age, which is completely unfair if the only reason is money. In today's society, it is getting extremely hard to be approved for a loan that will cover a good amount of the tuition costs. Even if you get a loan, some of the rates are completely unacceptable. Free tuition will allow underprivileged students to work hard in community college for the possibility of scholarships when they move onto a four-year college. The only way they can prove themselves is by first attending a community college.

3. The three social classes won't be as separated as badly.

Free community college will undoubtedly allow the social classes to be less separated. By allowing lower-class students a chance to achieve their dreams, it gives them more of an opportunity to be successful in the future. Lower-class students also have a chip on their shoulder, since they most likely have been doubted by friends and family for most of their life.

This will also help the economy because the workforce will become far more educated with more students attending. An educated workforce may attract investors from foreign countries. Many problems we as a society face could soon disappear.

Yes, there are also a handful of cons for why community colleges should not be free, but, from a students' point of view, the pros outweigh them. We may see college tuition drop in the upcoming years, but the overall goal is to see free community college in the future.