3 Reasons I Like My Dog More Than People

Dogs really are man's best friend. Well, at least this girl's best friend!

3

If you've been around me for a day, there is a really good chance that you have heard me say "I hate people." Now, I don't actually hate people. In fact, I rather enjoy people. Personalities, intellect, and witty comments make me happy. It's the ignorant and quite dumb comments and actions that make me utter my usual "I hate people" statement. With all that being said, there is one person that never fails me. She is quite cute with her big eyes, wagging tail, and constantly perked up ears. She is my four legged daughter and her name is Sophie Mae. Let me tell you why having a dog is better than any person.

1. She never lets me be alone.

Y'all when I say never, I mean NEVER. I can't eat by myself. I can't go to the bathroom by myself. I can't shower without her sitting on the mat beside it. I don't sleep by myself. I don't wash dishes or do laundry without her laying at my feet. Heck, sometimes I can't even walk by myself because there she is with her little paw on my foot waiting for my next step. I officially have a four-legged shadow and I love it.

2. She never judges.

My precious little angel just watches me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. Not only will she be by my side, she doesn't judge me. I could be dancing like the whitest person on earth. I will blare my music and sing my heart out louder than the music. I will be sliding around in my socks. I can be spending my nights in reading a book on my kindle. I can be ignoring my homework and all other responsibilities. She never judges.

3. She always loves me.

If you've never had a puppy to greet you when you come home, you have missed out. Every time I leave, it could be the house or the room, and come back she acts like it's been ages since she has seen me. She jumps up and down, scratches me, and loves to get in my face and lick me. Even if I have to get on to her for chewing something up or using the bathroom where she shouldn't, she always comes back to me after I pop her or scold her. Even if there are other people around, she only wants me.

All I'm saying is that every person needs a dog. If you're not a dog person, that's okay. I'm sure cats are somewhat as awesome as dogs. But seriously, get a dog. You will never feel more loved or welcomed than by your sweet puppy. And when people are being dumb and you just can't take it anymore, your dog will always be there making you all happy and junk.