29 Life Lessons From Seinfeld

29 Life Lessons From Seinfeld

Some of the best education happens outside of the classroom.

47
29 Life Lessons From Seinfeld
Wired

TV is more than just entertainment. It challenges, questions, stages, but at its best: it satirizes. Seinfeld, arguably one of the greatest television sitcoms of all time has a lot to teach us.

1. At all costs, avoid licking envelopes.

2. Want to be the life of the party? Bust some moves. Show ‘em your “little kicks.”

3. If you break the law (especially in Canada) be sure you can shake the law.

4. Who said the art of seduction had to be heterosexual?

5. Public transportation can't be tamed.

6. Friendship depends on the people and the ritual.

7. Some things are better left unsaid.

8. A good playlist goes a long way.

9. There's a fine line between insensitive and entertainment. Context is key.

10. When it comes to romance, we might not always be on the same page. But that's ok. Not everyone will notice.

11. Emotion can be a good thing, sometimes.

12. Keep on going; until it's game over.

13. A yellow bus doesn't have to be for school kids... never grow up, be young at heart.

14. "These pretzels are making me thirsty." You get one cameo in the role of you throughout your life. Make sure it's an unforgettable performance.

15. The first day of the rest of your life restarts each day.

16. Don't be chicken. Be the chicken, instead.

17. Good timing? Bad timing? Life, especially relationships, are all about timing.

18. Biking down a one-way street; you do you.

19. There's a lot to learn from the generation before us. (Sweet shirt too)

20. If you go down in flames, go down swinging.

21. Take the perm by the palm and let it fly.

22. Cameras, photos, or social media can bring out some of our innermost realities (or irrealities).

23. Own your own signature moves.

24. First impressions matter.

25. Keep caution up, even toward the end of the journey.

26. Bad decisions, we all make them. They're mistakes. Some are worse than others. But we can learn the most from them.

27. Some things are better left unsaid.

28. A little rhythm and swing brightens up any social scene.

29. A sense of humor will bring you a long way.