26 Things College Students Realize After The First Semester

There's a lot that no one ever tells you, but you learn it on your own after only one semester.

11

After just one semester, I can say I lived through my first semester of college. Of course, there are plenty of things no one told me, and I came to realize these things after my return home.

1. People are not going to stop asking how your first semester was until you return from your second semester.

2. Your friends at school are true friends, even if you've only known each other for a semester.

3. Homemade food tastes even better than you remember.

4. Your bed feels even better than you remember.

5. It's nice having a job because you're also broker than you'd thought you'd be.

6. Not to mention, it might get boring at home without a job.

7. Also, if you have a job, you and your parents can throw shade at the people your age you know who don't have jobs.

8. People are also going to be surprised when you tell them your grades (probably) weren't as good as they were in high school. College isn't easy.

9. It's a good thing to catch up with your favorite teacher(s) from high school.

10. Although, when you go back to your high school, you'll realize you don't fit in.

11. As for your friends that are still in high school, they're probably still your friends, but you're not as close as you used to be.

12. It will really grind your gears when people from high school complain about high school.

13. Getting bored at home is really easy.

14. You'll likely be in worse shape than when you left for college.

15. A good backpack means everything.

16. Being home, you'll realize you hang out with about maybe 5 people you went to high school with.

17. Your sleep schedule is completely trash.

18. You really have changed your wardrobe from something decent to dressing like a complete scrub.

19. Did I mention it's really weird to go back to your high school? It is.

20. You're an adult now, so now you're ready to do the other things (like traveling) that you really want to do.

21. You really should check the online webpage before going back to school.

22. It's really hard to do work without being able to go the library all the time anymore.

23. When you get those emails from the bookstore telling you to buy books from them, all you can do is scoff.

24. You don't have to buy every textbook on the list, either.

25. You'll actually probably only need one textbook from the list (and it's probably the $300 one).

26. You still wouldn't trade your place as a college student for anything.