25 Ways To Tell The Friend Crush Is NOT Mutual
popular

Here is a list of 25 clear ways to tell if they don't want to be your friend as much as you want to be theirs.

3721

Everyone has had that one friend that they're obsessed with but can't quite tell if the other feels the same.

It's the classic friend crush: you want to be their best friend but do they want to be yours? Here are some tell tale signs that they don't ship this friend pairing.

1. You always make the plans

I mean it's awkward to be the one asking if they want to hang out every single time. And worse, facing rejection.

2. They only call if they need you to do something for them

You call them to talk about this cute guy you just talked too and about how you failed the math exam. But they call you if they need you to pick up their morning coffee and bagel.

3. You solemnly go to their house

You actually don't know the layout of their house. Because, well, they've never invited you over.

4. Their parents don't really know you

Actually you're not even sure if they've talked to their parents about you before. And when you see them, if ever, they don't remember your name.

5. They leave you on read

They are completely fine with responding the next day... or not at all. And you're left to double text to get their attention.

6. You don't get an auto invite to all group hang outs

You see them hanging out with friends on their Snapchat story and you didn't get an invite. And that leaves you feeling like you're not a necessary part of their life.

7. You're not regularly in their social media pictures

Nope. There are no friend appreciation posts about you or cute selfies together. But your Insta is covered in them...

8. They don't tag you in memes

Oh trust me you tried making it a thing. You used to tag them, but they didn't really ever get into it. And it's a loss you're still not over.

9. They "jokingly" insult you regularly

At first you just thought it was your guy's "thing", insulting each other. But they never laugh at it... and you're not allowed to insult them back.

10. They get more excited to see others than to see you

Like they run into their arms and yell with excitement. And what do you get? A "hey".

11. They don't laugh at your jokes

You're doubled over in stitches trying to tell them a story and they're just sitting there staring at you. Clearly mildly annoyed that you can't just finish the story because you're laughing too hard.

12. They don't go to you for advice

You tell them about your relationship drama and you're family drama and your cat obsession drama. You cling to their responses because their words are gold to you. And you know for fact that they ask someone else for advice, because they've done it in front of you.

13. They have inside jokes that you don't know

The best friend knows all the inside jokes, with everyone. And they don't explain anything, so you just stopped asking.

14. You're not first to know who their crush is

Actually you usually find out from someone else who they like. And even once you do know they don't tell you any of the details.

15. They aren't obsessed with your current Netflix binge

You will literally watch anything they suggest. So you thought they're into suggestions! But not from you. They've never watched something you swear by. So you can't bond over that.

16. They'll leave ahead of you, and not wait up

You wait for them while they get ready; they leave you when they're bored. You sit while they eat lunch; they leave when someone more interesting shows up.

17. They don't say they love you

They appreciate that you love them, but they'd never say it back. And after one too many "awws", you just stopped saying it.

18. They cut you off to talk to someone else

Literally anyone. Anyone could be more interesting to talk to than you. It's like they didn't even realize you were talking and definitely don't care how they story ends.

19. They avoid touching you

Like sitting on the couch watching a movie, they actively sit on the far side of the couch. Any accidental touching and they'd pull back.

20. They don't send you screenshot conversations of others

It's that cute friend thing you do where you spill all the tea and gossip about it. Except they don't care about your tea, and have no desire to send you theirs.

21. You don't have a Snapchat streak

Every once in a blue moon they'll accidentally snap you three days in a row and you'll see the streak blossoming. But it's gone the next day, without fail.

22. You don't receive good morning and goodnight texts

No. You get the 3 PM and the 7 PM texts. With no follow up response.

23. They don't know your coffee order

It's fine. You know that they get a medium vanilla swirl iced coffee with cream and no sugar. But they can't recall that you like a black coffee.

24. They don't remember your extended family's names

You're all like, "and Sarah and her kids are gonna be here tonight", and they stare at you blankly. But you've only brought up how excited you are to see Sarah three times this week so you forgive them.

25. Your don't have a nickname or emojis in their phone

It's just your first name. Nothing. Blank. Void of emotion or personal attachment.

It can be tough when someone doesn't like you back. Getting over a friend crush is sometimes harder than a romantic crush. They were the person you thought would be with you through it all. But don't worry, I'm a firm believer that everyone has their "person", and when you meet them, you'll know. Every failed friend crush brings you one step closer to your future Maid of Honor.