Our beloved childhood author taught us that we do indeed like green eggs and ham, what Horton actually heard, and told of us about all the places we will go. He left us with much more valuable thoughts on life that we were just too young to appreciate back then.
1) You can get help from teachers but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting in a room alone.
2) Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
3) So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life is a great balancing act.
4) It is opener, out there, in the wide, open air.
5) Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
6) Just tell yourself duckie; you’re really quite lucky.
7) Only you can control your future.
8) If you never did you should. Those things are fun and fun is good.
9) You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
10) Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
11) It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.
12) You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
13) Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if you only try.
14) Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.
15) Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment till it becomes a memory.
16) Being crazy isn’t enough.
17) I’m sorry to say, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.
18) Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
19) We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and we call it love.
20) It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.
21) Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
22) You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
23) Oh the things you can find if you don’t stay behind.
24) Take every chance, drop every fear.
25) Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.