25 Times Shonda Rhimes Destroyed Grey's Anatomy Fans

"No body knows where they might end up."

273
Wikia

I will go from season one to the current episodes in season thirteen.

*Spoiler Alert if you have not watched all the Grey’s Anatomy episodes, do not continue!*

This is just my opinion on the times Shonda Rhimes shocked us all with her intelligence and creativeness and evilness plots for our favorite characters. Here are just 25 out of the hundreds of ways Shonda has hurt Grey’s fans:

1. Addison Shepherd’s first appearance

When Addison first appeared it shook Meredith and everyone's world. She was Derek’s wife for heaven's sake and Meredith and Derek’s relationship was just starting to get real.

2. Ellis Grey woke up after 5 years

Ellis has been battling Alzheimer's and after 5 years she wakes up to reality. She figures out that her prodigy daughter has not picked a specialty, and has fallen in love and is not focusing on becoming the extraordinary surgeon she is destined to be.

3. Meredith tried to drown herself

After the ferry boat crash the best doctors at Seattle Grace are sent to help with the casualties. While Meredith was trying to help someone he accidently knocked her into the water. Meredith knew how to swim, but she had been so traumatized from events in her life she gave up.

4. Denny Duquette’s death

Denny Duquette was obviously one of the hardest deaths to get over. When he proposed to Izzie and she said yes it was an amazing moment in Grey’s history, but when “Chasing cars” started to play our hearts broke.

5. Harold O’Malley

The O’Malley boy’s didn’t realize the extent of their father's condition, but when Callie did her analogy with the muscle car it all made sense. I’m not sure if it was because we was so attached to George or if it was we related to him on some level. Harold’s death really affected us in one way or another

6. Meredith’s stepmom died from the hiccups

Although Meredith didn’t know her very long she had a better mother-daughter relationship then she ever did with Ellis.

7. Izzie got cancer

When Izzie got cancer and started seeing Denny we knew it was just a matter of time before she had to go into some long surgery and hopefully come out of it. Even though Izzie didn’t die after getting cancer she underwent chemo around the time that the mercy westers came.

8. Meredith figures out John Doe is George

From the time “John Doe” came into the hospital he was trying to write something in Meredith’s hand. When Meredith realized it was 007 or George and told everyone and everyone was in shock was probably one of the fastest pace scenes in the series. But sadly George did not make it.

9. Shooter comes to the hospital

Around this time Derek and Meredith had been trying to have a baby, and Meredith was finally pregnant! But Shonda Rhimes wouldn’t let Meredith’s life go that smoothly. Soon after a psychopath who had lost his wife recently gets into the hospital and shoots multiple people including Derek and Owen. While Meredith is trying to save Owen she loses the baby.

10. Mark’s daughter appears

When Mark’s daughter comes it shakes up everything between him and Lexie. Mark’s daughter coming into his life isn’t the sad part what is, is she’s pregnant and they end up having complications with the baby. Along with Lexie and Mark breaking up, personally they were my favorite Grey’s couple.

11. Miranda’s dad comes to visit

Shortly after Dr.Bailey and her husband Tucker separate her dad comes to visit for the holidays. It wouldn’t be so bad if Tuck wasn’t away from Bailey this season and with Tuck. In this episode, her father tells her about how he is disappointed in choosing her career over her family.

12. Adele shows signs of Alzheimer

Adele has made special appearances in the show multiple times, but she finally comes in and stays for a while. Derek has been doing clinical trials on Alzheimer's patients and Adele fits the criteria and receives treatment. Sadly she passes away.

13. The Plane Crash

I think that other than Derek’s death this was the saddest moment in Grey's Anatomy history. I also thought Mark and Lexie’s relationship was the best in the show. You can imagine what was happening to Grey's fans everywhere when Lexie’s last words were “meant to be.” It wasn’t very long after then Mark also passed away at least he can be with Lexie again.

14. The Hurricane/Bus Wreck

As if a gunman and bankruptcy isn’t enough for Seattle Grace+Mercy West a hurricane comes. At the worst possible time too, Meredith goes into labor after the lights go out and they end up having to do a c-section on Meredith,interns,in the dark. Recipe for disaster. Meredith ended up dying briefly and while all this was going on Jackson almost blew up in a bus wreck outside the hospital.

15. The end of the twisted sister

The 3rd best relationship in Grey's (in my opinion) was the relationship between Meredith and Christina. Meredith and Christina survived intern year, a bomb, plane crash, hurricane, gunman and so much more. When Christina left it was one of the saddest goodbyes ever. At least they got to dance it out one last time though.

16. April leaves Matt at the altar

Although April and Jackson are destined to be together there was no reason for April to leave Matt at the alter. It did make the wedding a lot more dramatic when Jackson stood up and confessed his feelings to April. But, to be honest, Matt should have seen it coming at least from the bus wreck at least.

17. Derek’s death

The #1 saddest moment in Grey’s was the end of “Merder.” As if Meredith’s emotions and reactions wasn’t enough Shonda had to include a flashback to some of there best moments while “Chasing Cars” played. No matter how many times you watch this you will always need a box of kleenex.

18. April goes to war

A while after Derek passes away from the truck accident, April feels the need to help soldiers on the battlefield. Owen decides to go back as well and help her since he has already been over there once. But April and Jackson’s goodbye really pulled at the heart strings.

19. Penny comes to dinner

If you remember the doctor who was pushing to get Derek a head CT then you remember Penny. Meredith’s reaction was painful to watch the entire night of the dinner party. Alex bless his heart had no clue what was going on and was completely forgetting about his girlfriend. But while at dinner Meredith finds out it is possible Penny will join them at Grey+Sloan Memorial Hospital. Something inside Meredith snaps and she let's everyone know Penny’s secret.

20. Meredith gets attacked

Meredith was helping take care of a man who was in an accident and where he was having seizures, he had had a moment to where he just got up and started attacking Meredith. Later Penny finds her on the floor and helps her this starts to help them build a friendship. I did not approve of the friendship personally I guess I’m still bitter about Derek’s death.

21. Amelia starts drinking again

So after Derek’s death Amelia comes to the hospital and she eventually becomes the head of neurosurgery. Before then though she battles a drug addiction as well as alcohol addiction. While Meredith is in the hospital after her attack Amelia comes to visit her, but she’s not allowed because she was drunk that night.

22. Callie and Arizona’s court

Although I’m not for calzona or any of the lesbian relationships, the court arguments were really hard to watch. Callie turned on Arizona, Arizona turned on Callie. There were some tactics that were just unbearable to watch, but in the end Arizona got custody of Sophia (I was pulling for Arizona.)

23. Alex beats up Deluka

This whole thing started when Alex proposed to Jo and she couldn’t marry him because she was already married, but Alex didn’t know about her past. On night Deluca was trying to help Jo cause she was drunk. Deluca was at the wrong place at the wrong time when Alex walks in and sees Deluca on top of Jo(it's not what it sounds like.)

24. Amelia’s fear of being pregnant

Early in Amelia’s past she was pregnant and had a baby, but a little while later the baby died in her arms. Amelia is still traumatised from what happened. What really makes it a problem is her husband Owen wants children, but Amelia is scared and doesn’t want to have anymore kids, so this brings me to the next point.

25. November 17th episode

So this is the most recent episodes from when I’m writing this. This episode is also one of the most suspenseful and shocking episodes. Everything is changing. Dr.Webber is no longer in charge of the residency program. Alex could possibly be going to jail and ending and amazing friendship. And we can’t forget Amelia getting up and leaving with just a note to Owen. What the heck Shonda!

I hope you enjoyed this article and can agree with me that these are some of the most upsetting moments in the 13 seasons of Grey's anatomy.