25 Times Rose DeWitt Bukater Slays In 'Titanic'

"I know what you must be thinking. 'Poor little rich girl, what does she know about misery?'"

1080

For those that know me personally, "Titanic" is my favorite movie of all time. According to my friend's math, I have watched it over 200 times since the age of 5 and I am now 21. I love every part of the film: the effects, the story line, the humanity, the history. My favorite part, however, is Rose. She is just such an amazing person who has such a passion and fire for life, but is stuck in a situation that doesn't permit her to live the way she wants to. She perseveres despite everything, and does it with both class and sass. So, here are all of the ways Rose kills the game in "Titanic".

1. Even before the real story begins, Rose is shown in a beautiful house surrounded by plants, her pets and her granddaughter.

Not that material things mean success, but if you think about it, it's pretty dang awesome that after all she's been through, Rose still manages to get a roof over her head.

2. When Lovett is explaining the significance of the Heart of the Ocean, Rose calls it a "dreadful, heavy thing".

Not that it was worn by Louis XVI or anything.

3. "Of course it's me dear, wasn't I a dish?"

Rose is what we all wished we looked like at seventeen.

4. Even though clearly emotionally affected by the images of the sunken ship on the screen and being offered to stop by the crew members, Rose continues her story.

It's been 84 years-- and she still hasn't told anyone about Jack.

5. When she sizes up the Titanic like a frenemy in high school upon first glance.

Upon first appearance, Rose asks her fiancée Cal if the Titanic is any bigger than another ship known for its size, the Mauretania, and shoots him down when he assures her it is.

6. "This room needs a little more color." Chooses the painting with naked women instead of the more modest landscape paintings.

Nothing says style like no corsets, or clothes for that matter. Women in the early 1900's were expected to cover up, even ankles being forbidden from being shown. So although it's a small detail, Rose picking the painting with the nude women to be a centerpiece in the suite must have caused quite a stir, especially with her mother.

7. The difference in Rose and Cal's taste.

...is that Rose has some.

8. When she makes a sex joke in front of Mr. Ismay and Mr. Andrews.

Rose basically asks J. Bruce Ismay (the White Star Line representative on the ship) that he might be interested in Freud's theories of the penis after he reveals the meaning behind Titanic's name.

9. Rose knows what ice fishing is, and she makes sure Jack knows it.

No one said rich people stayed inside all day.

10. Apparently Rose's life is worth $20.

"Is that the going rate for saving the woman you love?" For the record, $20 in 1912 was $485 in today's money.

11. "This is my part of the ship! You leave!"

Probably the only time Rose uses her class to her advantage.

12. "What? You think a first class girl can't drink?"

Again, no one said rich people don't drink, because apparently they do, and Rose outshines all of the men in third class by standing on the tips of her big toes...ouch.

13. "I am not a foreman in one of your mills that you can command, I'm your fiancée."

This line, just this line.

14. "I changed my mind."

Wait-- a woman with a mind in 1912?! And she's changing it? Go rose!

15. The kiss.

The birth of the most famous couple's pose of our generation, and she's literally "flying" on the bow of the grandest ship in the world with the man she loves-- yaaas.

16. "Draw me like one of your French girls."

Rose is getting braver and braver with Jack, she's making the moves!

17. All the times she ran with Jack around the ship (and the middle finger in the elevator).

No one ran around in 1912, only for recreation and not for "fun". Middle finger is the most badass thing ever.

18. "Put your hands on me, Jack."

They had the sex, and in the back of a car! Another scene initiated by Rose. (At this point I want to make it clear that I do not think that women need to make sexual advances to gain power or that it makes them cool, but that the Gilded Age was a very controlled time and for Rose to let go of her self-discipline is a big deal.)

19. "You unimaginable bastard-- I'd rather be his whore than your wife." (cue spit technique taught by Jack)

Again, this line, and the action following it.

20. Jack gets the axe.

Rose cuts those cuffs like butter. Yay, no blood!

21. "You jump, I jump right?"

It's Rose and Jack saving each other, it can no longer be argued that Rose is the "damsel in distress" in the movie.

22. "I promise Jack, I promise."

Blow that whistle Rose! Get their attention!

23. A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.

She completely blew everyone away with her story, and made everyone in the movie and movie theater cry.

24. "But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end."

Rose kept the Heart of the Ocean for nearly 100 years on her person, from 1912 to 1997 (when the film came out). That means she survived through the Great Depression, both World Wars, and every other disaster that happened without selling it once for money, because she knew she had to return it one day.

25. And they lived happily ever after.

After all that Rose has been through, she makes it out on top (literally in Heaven, depending on how you interpret the end of the movie) with the man she loves, surrounded by the people who supported her during both the best and worst time of her life.

James Cameron, the director of "Titanic", confirmed that Rose is the main character of the film, and rightfully so. She sticks to her ideals, follows her heart, and keeps her promise to Jack to go on--and on.