25 Things To Thank My Sorority Sisters For

124

Seeing as Thanksgiving is just around the corner, it seems like everyone starts to ponder what it is in their lives they are most thankful for. During my moments of introspection, I thought about all the fun times with family, and the moments of peace brought to me by God, but my mind kept wandering back to the memories with one specific group of people -- my sorority sisters.

The moments I've shared with these girls are irreplaceable in my heart. And though I've only known most of you for around three years, you've made me into a better person -- in fact, for the longest time I felt incomplete, but with you I feel whole. So for that, thank you, but I don't want to extend my thanks to simply feelings. Although I know it will be impossible to thank you for everything you've done for me, here's to trying.

1. Thanks for helping me with this article.

Of course, I could think of a million reasons to thank you all, but thanks for pitching ideas whenever I've need them.

2. Thanks for giving me a bid.

I guess this is where all the thanks originate from but, yeah letting me in to the chapter was kind of a big deal. Thank you for accepting me as I was, respecting me during recruitment, and making me feel at home the second I got my bid card.

3. Thanks for dealing with all my questions as new member.

Where do I log volunteer hours? What's a date party? When's meeting?How do I do our hand sign? Yeah, I'm sure I got a little annoying, but thanks for always being there to help me through my confusion, and showing me how important it was to be an active member.

4. Thanks for dealing with the messy nights.

Whether they be filled with tears, or worse -- thanks for handling my craziness, time and time again. I appreciate you so much for making sure I got home safe, even if that meant crashing on your couch for a night. Thanks for wiping my tears, and ensuring me that I looked just as stunning-- despite the thick lines of mascara running down my face. You're the best.

5. Thanks for being the best roommates.

From being my alarm clock, to calming me down after terrible nightmares -- thanks for all that you do. I owe you for all the times you had to call me a million times to make sure I was okay, and I owe you even more for making sure I came home, even on the nights I thought I didn't want to. Not to mention a huge thanks for mastering the art of cleaning our room in thirty seconds when surprise guests come over. Lol at how people think we're organized.

6. Thanks for not getting mad at me for being at the house 25/8.

For all the girls that we're lucky enough to call the sorority house their home my freshmen year, thanks for not being annoyed with me for practically staying there every night. Thanks for saving me a seat at dinner, and always making sure I had a ride back to my dorm -- even if it was to just grab a pair of pjs so I could sleep at the house, again.

7. Thanks for claiming me even on days when I look homeless.

For the days when those 8 a.m.s came too early, and I walked into class looking like a wreck -- thanks for still sitting by me. Thanks for introducing me as your sister to all your hot friends, despite the fact that I was wearing socks with my sandals, and a hoodie that clearly hadn't been laundered. Your ability to love me no matter how terrible I look is a quality I appreciate so much.

8. Thanks for holding my hand when watch scary movies.

Even though I tell you how much I hate scary movies, we somehow always end up watching them, so thanks for dealing with my constant squeals, shrieks, and jumps. Not to mentions thanks for not pulling away all those time's I practically stopped your circulation from holding your hand so tight. (the "Saw" movies don't get any less scary the third time you watch them).

9. Thanks for letting me sit with you while you do homework and I do nothing.

I've learned a lot about the work ethic I probably should have. So, thanks for that. But spending time with y'all always seems to get me back in my zen mode. Sure, I may be gabbing on and on about this weeks episode of scandal while you slave away on this week's chemistry homework, but thanks so much for listening to me, anyways.

10.Thanks for always being my ride.

Whether it's 2 a.m., 2 p.m., weekends, or national holidays -- I know I can count on any of you to pick me up and take me anywhere I need to go. Thank you for not hating me when you have to pick me up from sketchy frat parties, and thanks for all the times you've been my ride or die on trips to Sonic.

11. Thanks for starting diets with me.

We eat salad for lunch -- why are we not skinny?

And thanks for breaking the aforementioned diets to binge eat junk food with me when I have a bad day. Forget salad, and bring on the extra large pizza from Papa John's. Sure we may not get those bikini bods before summer, but thanks for always reminding me that this calorie splurge is cheaper than the retail therapy we would've otherwise done.

12. Thanks for helping me realize he really isn't the one.

I gushed over every little thing he did, practically planned our wedding via Pinterest, even had you picking out your favorite color for bridesmaids dresses -- and this was just after the third date. But low and behold all good things must come to an end. Thanks for dealing with my ugly cry -- which fyi is way different than a normal cry. Thanks for reminding me over and over again that I would do better. And thanks for promising that if in the end one of us ended up single the other would let her crash at her place forever.

13. Thanks for still going to parties with me, even though you know I'm a bad dancer.

Thanks for letting me know it's okay to be the only one not grinding at frat parties. That it is, indeed, pretty cool to do the Carlton in public, and that the Soulja Boy is still a totally appropriate dance to request.

14. Thanks for taking every opportunity to embarrass me on social media.

From being your #WCW to posting snapchats that were clearly meant only for you-- you have done a splendid job of having me question or friendship more than once. But in all seriousness, thanks for surprising me with these embarrassing posts and giving me the gift of a spontaneous giggle.

15. Thanks for helping me realize beauty isn't just something that is found on the outside.

As much as I love wearing makeup, thank you for helping me realize that there's beauty in happiness; there's beauty in being able to make someone feel better; and, most importantly, there's beauty in the breakdown. Time and time again, you've shown me that I don't need to add anything to myself to make self more worthy. As myself, I am good enough.

16. Thanks for never pressuring me to drink.

Freshmen year, I was so scared to seem uncool that I tried to never bring up the fact that alcohol was something I just didn't want to try. When I finally convinced myself to say something at a party, you stood by me. You let me know it was okay, and never have you ever tried to convince me to do anything that would make me uncomfortable. Thanks for respecting my decisions, and still making me feel like a part of the squad.

17. Thanks for helping me break out of my shell.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe that I was ever the quiet one, but that's all thanks to you! Thank you for making me feel comfortable in my own skin, for showing me that I should be proud of my quirkiness and for making me realize that I should never change to fit someone else's mold. The ability of any of my sister's to make me feel " cool" is one that I wouldn't trade for the world. Thank you for helping me be the woman I am proud to be.

18. Thanks for helping me finish that homework that's due in an hour that I forgot about..

Aside from all the shenanigans we find ourselves in, thanks for always reminding me that the reason we're in college is indeed to graduate. Thanks for dealing with my meltdowns when I didn't do to hot on an exam, thanks for taking me out to celebrate when I did. Thanks for always finding a way to make my life easier.

19. Thanks for dealing with my tears when my biological sister was rushing.

Honestly, I can't even begin to thank my sister's enough for this. From dealing with anxious cries, to happy cries, even the wailing said cries-- thank you for supporting me through it all. Thank you for ensuring me time and time again that my mini-me would indeed make the right decision and that it was okay that I began to tear up overtime she stepped foot into the house. Thank you for making her feel so loved the minute she stepped foot on the field, and thank you so much for all the kindness you've shown her. I've been blessed with the best family a girl could ask for.

20. Thanks for helping me realize that I have the potential to make my dreams a reality.

We all have moments of self doubt -- thanks for sticking by me when I had mine. Thank you for reminding me of all the good things I've done, but most importantly thank you for never letting me quit. Thank you for proving to me that comparing myself to my peers would do me no good, and that at the end of the day I had to make decisions for myself, even if that was a little scary.

21. Thanks for going to odds and end philanthropy events with me so I could get my activity points for the semester.

Whether it was freezing our butt's off watching people get soaked in a water tank, or laughing until our sides hurt watching frat boys run in high heels -- thanks for being my go-tos. Life is really fun when you have someone to share it with, so thanks for being my people.

22. Thanks for forgiving me when I get sassy.

I could blame it on the stress, but we all know that sassy is just a friendship hazard when it comes to me. Thanks for putting me in my place when I get to be a bit much, and rooting me on when I need to have a back bone. Thank you for never letting your feelings get too hurt, and thank you for accepting my apologies -- I love y'all more than ranch dressing.

23. Thanks for always finding me a date.

Even though 99 percent of the time they ended up being weirdos, thanks for always making sure I had someone to take pictures with -- I mean, be my date. Sure it may have been uncomfortable at the time, but looking back I have to thank you for trying -- and the memories?

24. Thanks for showing me what being a woman means.

Your strength. Your charisma. Your charm. Your beauty, Your elegance. Your ability to mend the broken. Your ability to stand up for 18 hours a day singing recruitment songs without breaking your smile. You've shown me that being a woman is about learning to think beyond yourself. You've shown me that a true woman is a selfless creature -- she's a giver. I am beyond blessed to be surrounded by a chapter full of examples of not just woman, but great woman. So, thank you.

25. Thanks for all the things I know are still yet to come.

Weddings, babysitting -- who know's what the future will bring? What I do know though is that I will never stop being thankful for all my sisters. You are magnificent woman who have gone above and beyond in every facet of life. You are the one's I know I can count one and I can't wait to see what our futures hold.

Like I said before, this list comes no where close to addressing everything I could thank my sister's for, but as I end my attempt here is one final thank you:

"Thank you for touching my life in ways you can never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like you."