25 Things That Curly Haired People Can Relate To

From one curly-haired girl to another, I get you.

2764
makeagif.com

Curly hair can be absolutely beautiful but there are so many negatives about having curls that are just annoying. As a curly-haired person myself, I can understand the struggles us curly-haired ladies have every day. There are loose curls, pin curls, ringlets, wavy curls, etc. All types of curls have their poison. Here are just a few negative things you know when you have curly hair.

1. Everyone has the desire to touch your hair

This wouldn't be that big of a problem except that some of us have spent up to an hour or so on their hair, whether that means trying to tame the curls or frizz curly-haired people inherit or not. Another thing is it's kinda awkward when someone just decides to ask if they can touch the curls that grow from your head, you know?

2. You get compared to poodles

Poodles' curls are great and all but I promise you, curly haired people do not have the same curls. Curls on a human verses curls on a dog are much different, but I do have to admit they look similar.

3. You get compared to rugs

This one makes me laugh. I actually have compared someone's hair to a very curly, soft rug. Sorry, but sometimes this one is true, but I only find it true when people have short curly hair.

4. You get compared to ramen noodles

This one is really common. I see and hear all the time that so and so has hair like roman noodles. This usually is used as a comparison when girls or guys have long, blonde, wavy/curly hair.

5. You get compared to Troy Polamalu

Troy's packing a load of hair on top, but to be honest not all of our hair compares to his famous locks.

6. You get compared to “2015 Chloe”

I'm curious to how many curly-haired people have tried this vine or have been asked to do it. I have tried and been asked. Gets me every time!

7. Frizz is almost impossible to tame

Don't worry Princess Mia, we understand your pain.

8. Humidity is not your friend

Just imagine finishing your hair inside your home only to get outside where the humidity levels are high. Well, there goes all your hard work. There goes another dayof not looking as cute as you did 10 minutes ago.

9. Water is not your friend

You may think your hair looks great today but the moment the slightest bit of water gets in contact with your curly locks, well, it's ruined. Also, water plus curly hair equals knot after knot after knot. I hope you brought a brush and some leave-in conditioner.

10. Wind is not your friend

I love how commercials show the wind to be so friendly on hair. All the models look amazing when the wind is blowing through their hair but you know if that was you out there trying to rock the wind, hair would be in your mouth, up your nose, and attached to things.

11. Your hair is compared to a mop

"Aye, I like your mop." If you ever get compared to a mop, you might as well dip your head in some cleaning solution and start swiping your locks all over the floor. P.S. You missed a spot.

12. You get knots, and I’m not talking about dinky knots, but huge knots

The knots that tangle themselves in our hair is like the knots that are created when you set your headphones down for two seconds. You barely touched it, but somehow it's found a way to tangle up into a huge, jumbled mess. These are the times us curly-haired people wished we had straight hair.

13. Your hairbrush/comb gets stuck in the mess

I hope you haven't or don't ever end up breaking your hairbrush like Paolo did in Princess Mia's hair. I know a lot of us can agree with the expression on Mia's face because it hurts!

14. If you decided to brush your hair, you’ve made a grave mistake because your hair will go from bad to really bad and poofy

The struggle is real here. Do I brush my hair and let it become this big bushy mess or do I leave it and look like a big bushy mess that just woke up? Decisions.

15. Buns sometimes look like a rat’s nest

Curls are just so out of control sometimes. Who am I kidding? Most of the time so our buns don't always looks as "on fleek" as others' buns. Trying to get the perfect bun is really hard.

16. Bad hair days seem to be more frequent

There are very rare days when you'll wake up with a good hair day. Either our mornings consist of products, straighteners, and curling irons, or you end up just showering again to fix the mess.

17. Hair collects everywhere, like the floor, sink, shower, etc.

For whoever cleans the drains, shower, or sinks in your house, I'm sorry that our curly hair gets literally everywhere. I'm sorry, Dad. I know it's gross.

18. Hair gets caught in random objects, car doors/windows, seat belts, sunglasses, etc.

Curly hair is just so easy to attach to. Put your sunglasses on the top of your head, and they will find a way to get tangled. Roll the window down, and your hair will find a way to get stuck. Basically, you will lose hair somehow.

19. You always get asked if your hair is naturally curly or not

I know one of my friends gets asked this all the time. This is especially for people who have more of a tight ringlet curl. I got you, Sarah!

20. Straightening the curls takes ages, so you'd better be prepared to get up at least three hours ahead of time

Preach! I don't know how much time I've wasted straightening my hair only to go outside for two seconds and find it wavy already. What a total waste of time.

21. Most curly-haired people will find that their hair doesn’t hold straight for very long anyway

This could be your hair in a matter of seconds or minutes, or even an hour.

22. You can’t smoothly run your fingers through your hair, so sorry, there won't be any sexy hair twirling here

This means you fail at trying to be cute and it hurts! Yeah, you!

23. Necklaces always get tangled with the baby hairs at the nape of your neck

Putting a necklace on by yourself is already a struggle for some people but now we got to worry about those pesky baby hairs getting tangled. Jeez!

24. When it’s hot outside, it’s, like, 20 times hotter for you

You could live in a really cool area, maybe about 70 degrees on a summer day, but with your hair it will feel like its 90.

25. Hair ties are not friendly either because they rip out your hair

You could get your hair to look really good in a bun, pony tail, braid, etc. but just wait until your take it out. Curly hair just magically tangles around those hair ties like they've got the attraction of two magnets.