25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25

25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25

For the young.

132
25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
Vianka Cotton

My birthday is coming up: I am not telling you my age! Just kidding, I will be 26 this year, yes I'm an old woman, but I prefer the name Pearl. Before I turned 25, I asked my mentors and coworkers all who were over thirty for advice for youngins.

Why? Because I didn't want to go bat shit crazy. 24 is a weird age, it's like you are an adult but you still have a curfew! Back then, I didn't have it together, but I wasn't torn apart either. Listen, if you are reading this: You. Will. Do. Fine. I assume you have access to a smart phone or WiFi, so, you got this.

Just think, you could be laying on the sidewalk puking vodka right now, hmm vodka good times. Or you could be fresh out of college without a plan, hunny, I been there too. I been at my lowest point in my life, but I had the support to rise above the bad stuff.

Fortunately, I met some Pearls and Professors who steered me in the right direction. I followed there advice, and now, turning 26, I am content; I am prepared for the future. I wanted to share some advice that worked for me. I hope it works for you! Here is a solid list of things you need to do before you turn 25 and after.

1.Open a Roth IRA.

If you start saving for you retirement now, you won't have to worry about it later. Even putting aside 10 dollars every month can turn into something big years down the road

2. Save, Save, and Save

Start by saving 25 dollars every month on auto debit, you never know when there will be a rainy day.

3.Forgive yourself

We all can be crappy people sometimes: learn and grow.

4.Change your diet

As we age, our bodies don't work like it used it too: drink more water and stay active to fight preventable diseases

5. No matter what stick to your guns.

Learn to say the word "No" and mean it.

6. Set up a payment schedule on any bills you owe.

Debt is not cool nor is it fun. Commit to chipping off the debt, your future will thank you.

7. Establish your credit

If you have no credit it will prevent you from things like buying a car or owning a home, let them bankers know you got credit!

8. Get a quality credit card

IF you don't have credit now get a credit card, one where the interest rate is not too high. Buy small things and pay off monthly. That will establish good credit so lenders know you are good for it.

9. Remove negative friends from your life and heal.

Negativity breeds negativity, your friends aren't blood so why do you keep hanging on?

10. Travel abroad

Go to a place that is unique but not common. And skip the resorts, visit the locals and experience the culture.

11. Fix your wardrobe

You are you for reason, stop copying everyone else and find yourself.

12. Be Independent

Make steps to live by yourself on your own.

13. Get educated

Go to trade school, or get a bachelors, certification, masters, phD, or attend work shops- never stop learning

14. Start a skin care regime

And maintain it for the rest of your life

15.Go to the movies by yourself!

Nothing is better than experiencing sounds, light, and visuals by yourself it is rewarding.

16. Follow your passion

Make a plan to profit from it.

17. Create a bucket list.

Short or long.

18. When dating, know and define the difference between hanging out, chilling, talking, dating, relationship, commitment, and marriage

You can only play the fool once.

19.Find a new hobby

Or get back to the hobby you like.

20.Tackle your fear

For example, fear of heights? Go sky diving.

21.Go on Day trips and Weekend getaways.

Its easy to take the beauty around you for granted, don't do that.

22.Create a Legit resume

Adulting 1:0:1 Always be legit.

23. Open up a Life Insurance policy

They are cheaper for people under thirty because the premiums are low.

24. Find your faith.

I chose faith a long time ago: Believe in something.

25. Stop texting and driving so you can turn 26!

I need to do this too.