25 Songs You Just Shouldn't Live Without

So listen to a few, listen to them all, but take the time to savor them and listen to the lyrics.

13
Nicole Gentile

Music is good for the soul and here are 25 songs that should make your soul very happy. Over the years, I've happened upon these songs and even had the chance to see a few of them preformed live. Each song is individual and different and has it's own sound. So listen to a few, listen to them all, but take the time to savor them and listen to the lyrics.

*disclaimer* If these songs don't change your life, there's a money back guarantee.

1. Paris by Magic Man

this is a personal favorite, I even got a picture with the lead singer.

2. The Sound by The 1975

great band, great sound.

3. All We Ever Knew by The Head and The Heart

this is a brand new song by The Head and The Heart and man they did some great work.

4. Easy Lover by Panama Wedding

This is a cover, but a great one.

5. If You Ever Want To Be In Love by James Bay

Everything James Bay is great. You should check out all of his songs, but this is definitely my favorite.

6. Spirits by The Strumbellas

A really great person showed me this and it's a great addition to this list.

7. Genghis Khan by Miike Snow

This is a little different and can help you channel your inner "Genghis Khan" while jamming to a great tune.

8. Dreaming by Smallpools

Up-beat and wonderful, "please God tell us were dreaming" that this song is so great.

9. Aviation High by Semi Precious Weapons

This song may start out slow, but it will surprise you with an amazing chorus.

10. Whatever It Takes by All the Rest

This is a band I heard live in a local restaurant in Peachtree City, GA. They're still small town and I love it.

11. Let Me Down Easy by Sheppard

Forget Geronimo, the rest of the album takes the cake.

12. Seeing Stars by BORNS

a feel good song to blast in your car and sing at the top of your lungs.

13. Hero by Family of the Year

this song may have some of my favorite vocals. they're so light, yet so powerful.

14. America's Sweetheart by Elle King

while known for "Ex's and Oh's", Elle King is not a one hit wonder.

15. Second Guessing Games by Colony House

this may sound like a song you've heard on the radio...tricked ya, it's not!

16. The General by Dispatch

great guitar, great folk sound, great metaphor.

17. San Francisco by The Mowgli's

San Francisco: home of the Golden Gate Bridge and also the name of a hidden indie pop treasure.

18. Comin' Home by City and Colour

this song is a little on the sadder side, but everyone needs a song that makes the sadness a little better.

19. Mind Over Matter by Young the Giant

If you like this song, venture into their top 5 songs on Spotify and you'll find even more gems

.

20. Kangaroo Court by Capital Cities

if you're looking for digital age music mixed with a jazzy trumpet laced with good lyrics, look no further.

21. White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes

while perfect for movie montages, it's also perfect for relaxing.

22. Just Tell Me by Nico Yaryan

Nico has quite the way with words and melody.

23. One Grain of Sand by Ron Pope

while we all love "A Drop in the Ocean", Ron Pope also has other fabulous songs.

24. Au Revoir (Adios) by The Front Bottoms

music mixed with foreign language. heck, they even explain what they mean.

& Last, but certainly not least.

*drumroooooooooooll*

25. Kanye by The Chainsmokers

The Chainsmokers have a way with beats and lyrics. Give it a listen, Kayne would want you to (& so would I).

I hope you all enjoyed at least one of the songs on this list and caught a glimpse of what my music love consists of!

Shout out to all the fabulous people who already love the songs on this list, but I hope more people come to love the music not normally featured on the radio. You're missing a lot if you ONLY listen to the mainstream songs the radio stations choose. Also, special thanks to people who keep showing me new music. You people rock and your musical souls are beautiful <3