25 Songs That Were On Your iPod In Middle School

You ever want to travel back in time to the good ol' days when it was all so simple...? Well, I don't know about you, but I sure would love to go back to middle school: the time of my life when - I personally feel - I was at my prime... or at least the first of my prime-times so to speak.

If you ever wanted to take a trip down memory lane (via your ears), then look no further, for I have the perfect nostalgia fix for you – 25 songs that you had very likely had on your iPod back in middle school, or at least heard on the radio at some point in your life! What better way to experience those bittersweet feelings of your early adolescence (and even your childhood) than with these feel-good, angsty, and more or less decade-defining songs??

The only rules of this list are as follows: all songs are alphabetized by title, one song per artist or group, and no more than two songs per letter section, so I had to really narrow it all down…

Note: While most of these have come from my own iPod Touch playlist at that time, and a few on this list happened to not be on my playlist then, these are just a small sampling of a whole plethora of music from mainly the 2000s and early 2010s, so if you like what you see and hear here and want so much more, I encourage you to dig up the dusty records in the back of your mind – if you know what I mean…

"All Star" by Smash Mouth

"Hey now, you're an all-star

Get your game on, go play

Hey now, you're a Rockstar

Get the show on, get paid"

"Apologize" by Timbaland feat. OneRepublic

"I'm holding on your rope

Got me ten feet off the ground

And I'm hearing what you say,

But I just can't make a sound"

"Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney

"I don't want another pretty face

I don't want just anyone to hold

I don't want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul"

"Breakeven (Falling To Pieces)" by The Script

"I'm still alive, but I'm barely breathing

Just prayin' to a god that I don't believe in

'Cause I got time while she got freedom

'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't break even"

"Clocks" by Coldplay

"Confusion that never stops

The closing walls and the ticking clocks gonna

Come back and take you home

I could not stop, that you now know, singing…"

"Closer" by Ne-Yo

"Turn the lights off in this place

And she shines just like a star

And I swear I know her face

I just don't know who you are"

"Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy

"Dance, dance

We're falling apart to half-time

Dance, dance

And these are the lives you want to lead

Dance, this is the way they'd love

If they knew how misery loved me"

"Disturbia" by Rihanna

media.giphy.com

"Your mind is in disturbia,

It's like the darkness is the light

Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight?

Disturbia, ain't used to what you like

Disturbia, disturbia"

"Fifteen" by Taylor Swift

"'Cause when you're fifteen

When somebody tells you they love you

You're gonna believe them

And when you're fifteen

Feeling like there's nothing to figure out

Count to ten

Take it in

This is life before you know who you're gonna be

At fifteen"

"Grenade" by Bruno Mars

"What you don't understand is I'd catch a grenade for ya

Throw my hand on a blade for ya

I'd jump in front of a train for ya

You know I'd do anything for ya"

"Hey Ya!" by Outkast

"Don't try to fight the feeling

Because the thought alone is killin' me right now

Thank God for Mom and Dad

For sticking to together

Like we don't know how"

"Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry

"'Cause you're hot and you're cold

You're yes and you're no

You're in and you're out

You're up and you're down

You're wrong when it's right

It's black and it's white

We fight, we break up

We kiss, we make up"

"I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas

"Let's paint the town
We'll shut it down
Let's burn the roof
And then we'll do it again"

"In The End" by LINKIN PARK

"I tried so hard and got so far

But in the end, it doesn't even matter

I had to fall to lose it all

But in the end, it doesn't even matter"

"Just Dance" by Lady Gaga

"Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic

Got my blueprint, it's symphonic

Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic

Got my blueprint electronic"

"Misery Business" by Paramore

"I'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top

She's got a body like an hourglass, that's ticking like a clock

It's a matter of time before we all run out

When I thought he was mine, she caught him by the mouth"

"My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson

"Being with you is so dysfunctional

I really shouldn't miss you

But I can't let you go"

"Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock

"Step up fast and be the first girl to make me throw this cash

We get money, don't be mad, now stop –

Hatin' is bad"

"Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" by Beyonce

"'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it

If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it

Don't be mad once you see that he want it

If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it"

"Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne

"He was a skater boy

She said, 'See you later, boy'

He wasn't good enough for her

Now he's a super star

Slammin' on his guitar

Does your pretty face see what he's worth?"

"Tik Tok" by Ke$ha

"DJ, you build me up

You break me down

My heart, it pounds

Yeah, you got me

With my hands up

Put your hands up

Put your hands up...

Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in"

"Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day

"Here comes the rain again

Falling from the stars

Drenched in my pain again

Becoming who we are

As my memory rests

But never forgets what I lost

Wake me up when September ends"

"Yeah!" by Usher feat. Lil' Jon & Ludacris

"'Cause I don't know, if I take that chance

Just where's it gonna lead

But what I do know is the way she dance

Make shorty alright with me

The way she get low

I'm like, yeah, just work that out for me

She asks for one more dance, and I'm like, yeah

How the hell am I supposed to leave"

"3" by Britney Spears

"Three is a charm

Two is not the same

I don't see the harm

So are you game?

Let's make a team

Make 'em say my name

Lovin' the extreme

Now are you game?"

"1985" by Bowling For Soup

"Bruce Springsteen, Madonna

Way before Nirvana

There was U2 and Blondie

And music still on MTV

Her two kids in high school

They tell her that she's uncool

'Cause she's still preoccupied

With 19, 19, 1985"

For those who have made it all the way to the end, you get bonus points if you found yourself completing the rest of the lyrics listed for each song! Which songs from your childhood did you find yourself wishing were on here? List or no list, the songs from your past will forever be held sacred in your heart, as old as you were back in the now-ancient days of middle school...