22 Ways You Know You Go To Judson

22 Ways You Know You Go To Judson

We love our school!

278
22 Ways You Know You Go To Judson
Miranda Brown

1. We say stuff like MBS, MLS, MTS, etc.

This is in reference to the big/little sister program we have at school. MBS = My Big Sis, MLS = My Little Sis, MTS = My Twin Sis. We also say MRM = My Roommate

2. Serenades

Our seniors dress up in caps and gowns and sing songs to the underclassmen almost once a month.

3. We walk to church together.

Whether on Rose Sunday, or just an average Sunday, one of the things I like most is walking to church with my friends.

4. Our President, Dr. Potts, sits on the floor and asks students what classes they plan to take.

5. We make each other signs for everything.

These are just simple pieces of decorated scrapbook paper, but they can make a bad day turn into a good one if a sign is left at your door.

6. Sparkling Grape Juice

We drink this stuff like it is going out of style.

7. "Judson Code"

This is something unique to Judson. Included below is our Pledge of Honor.

"On my honor as a member of the Judson College community, I will at all times strive to be honest in thought, word, and deed; to be responsible for my own actions; to maintain my own integrity and the integrity of the College; and to earn the trust of the rest of the community."

8. We are close to our professors.

We have class at professors' homes sometimes. We are able to have better relationships with our professors because we have smaller class sizes.

9. Step Sing

Whenever we have traditions on campus, we host a Step Sing for guests who come on campus. We stand outside on the main steps of Jewett Hall and sing songs that have been sung before we were even born.

10. "Is that JCA?"

JCA = Judson College Appropriate. We respect not only ourselves, but also our school.

11. Pageant

A pageant that is not actually a pageant. Pageant is actually a play that the little sister class puts on for their big sister class.

12. We know maintenance, security, and housekeeping by name.

13. We know everyone we pass on campus.

14. We know not to have glitter near the pianos.

15. We sing the blessing together during lunch at least once a week.

16. Field Hockey

17. Animals

Not only do we wait a semester to claim our littles, we also belong to animal families instead of popular sororities. Parrots rock!

18. Dr. Betty, Dr. Wilson, and Dr. Williams

If you don't know this golden trio, I feel bad for you.

19. Senior Privileges

If you make it to the top, you are rewarded with many awesome privileges, like eating lunch first on Tuesdays after chapel.

20. Sisterhood across the times

We feel connected to the women who have come before us and the women who will come after us.

21. Group student emails

These can be some of the best emails or some of the worst emails.

22. You can wake up 10 minutes before class and still make it on time.