25 Quotes To Live The New Year By

25 Quotes To Live The New Year By

Take inspiration in quotes, not resolutions this year.

120
25 Quotes To Live The New Year By

As I enter the the first week of the New Year, I come to realize that maybe resolutions aren't the way to go. Like I've said time and time before, I never actually make progress on them and they're just something to laugh at the following year.

So this year, I still will make a resolutions list, but I'll also make a quotes list. I've always seen the beauty in written word and had a fascination for it ever since. I'll live my life by quotes to guide my life, not by goals I'm setting for myself.

1. "You deserve someone who is utterly obsessed with you." - unknown

2. "This year taught me that my loneliness has more to do with myself than anyone else. The loneliest I will ever be is when I do not have the strength to love myself." -Marianna Paige

3. "Some hearts understand each other, even in silence." -Yasmin Mogahed

4. "Love is the most expensive gift. Make sure you don't give it to someone that's cheap." -unknown

5. "When it's over, leave. Don't continue watering a dead flower." -www.pressing.tumblr.com

6. "There's a difference between somebody who wants you and somebody who would do anything to keep you." -www.bl-ossomed.tumblr.com

7. "Chaos never leave me- keep me wild and keep me free." - R.M. Drake

8. "A lion does not concern itself with the opinion of a sheep." -George R.R. Martin

9. "If it's both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it." -Erada

10. "Some of us think holding on makes us stronger, but sometimes it's letting go." -Herman Hesse

11. "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." -Oscar Wilde

12. "People aren't cargo." -Jack Sparrow

13. "Do what you love and you will find the way to get it out into the world." -Judy Collins

14. "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - E.E. Cummings

15. "Perhaps the problem is not the intensity of your love, but the quality of the people you are loving." -Warsan Shire

16. "You must take life the way it comes at you and make the best of it." -Yann Martel

17. " Don't you dare shrink yourself for someone else's comfort—do not become small for people who refuse to grow." -unknown

18. "What matters most is how you walk through the fire." -Charles Bukowski

19. "Looking back as another year comes to a close I find myself hoping that next year will be better than this one; but I always remind myself that if I write off this year completely it risks dismissing all of the important moments that helped me grow as a person. Because even the very bad times of this year helped shape me for what is yet to come." -Westley Nash

20. "We cannot learn without pain." -Aristotle

21. "Nothing lasts forever. So live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances and never have regrets because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted." -Marilyn Monroe

22. "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." -Albert Einstein

23. "It's never too late to realize what's important in your life and it's never wrong to fight for it." -Drake

24. "I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

25. "You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." -Christopher Columbus