26 Quotes To Give You A Boost Of Confidence

Sometimes, you need a little motivation.

55

At certain times in your life, or certain weeks of the year, some motivation is needed to keep you going. I’ve always had ruts in my daily routine that have me doubting myself and I have recently become addicted to quotes. I keep a journal filled with them and even sharpie them on the walls of my closet (don’t tell my mother). There are thousands of quotes available at your fingertips, but here are 26 of my personal favorite quotes. They're guaranteed to brighten your day and offer motivation.

1. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

2. “The greatest danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aims too low, and achieving our mark.” -Michelangelo

3. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” -Marcus Garvey

4. “Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.” -Diane Arbus

5. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” -Tyra Banks

6. “I am so beautiful, sometimes people weep when they see me. And it has nothing to do with what I look like really, it is just that I gave myself the power to say that I am beautiful, and if I could do that, maybe there is hope for them too. And the great divide between the beautiful and the ugly will cease to be. Because we are all what we choose.” -Margaret Cho

7. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.” -Eartha Kitt

8. “You are beautiful no matter what they say.” -Christina Aguilera

9. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” -Lucille Ball

10. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” -Steve Jobs

11. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” -Mary Dunbar

12. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” -Thich Nhat Hanh

13. “If you're wearing a disguise for too long, it will be difficult for the mirror to recognize you. At the end of the day I hope you become the person they didn't expect you to be. Be proud to wear you.” -Dodinsky

14. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not "modesty". It's self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not "egotism." It's a necessary precondition to happiness and success.” -Bobbe Sommer

15. “You are as amazing as you let yourself be. Let me repeat that. You are as amazing as you let yourself be.” -Elizabeth Alraune

16. “You are wonderful. Valuable. Worthwhile. Lovable. Not because others think so. Self-worth comes from only one place: self.” -Karen Salmansohn

17. “You would not exist if you did not have something to bring to the table of life.” -Herbie Hancock

18. “I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” -Johnny Depp

19. “From the very beginning you are being told to compare yourself with others. This is the greatest disease; it is like a cancer that goes on destroying your very soul because each individual is unique, and comparison is not possible. I am just myself and you are just yourself. There is nobody else in the world you can be compared with.” -Osho

20. “Whoever you are, there is some younger person who thinks you are perfect. There is some work that will never be done if you don't do it. There is someone who would miss you if you were gone. There is a place that you alone can fill.” -Jacob M. Braude

21. “It's not your job to like me ... it's MINE!” -Byron Katie

22. “When you feel good about yourself, others will feel good about you, too.” -Jake Steinfeld

23. “Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” -Charles Dickens

24. “Accept everything about yourself––I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end––no apologies, no regrets.” -Clark Moustakas

25. “You just get up each day and put one foot in front of the other and go.” -Nancy Reagan

26. “There’s a big, wonderful world out there for you. It belongs to you. It’s exciting and stimulating and rewarding. Don’t cheat yourselves out of this promise.” -Nancy Reagan