25 Disney Channel Originals Millennials Can WatchTo Throw Their Thursday WAY Back

So many movies, so little time

208
Disney Channel

If you grew up in the early 2000s, chances are you have seen your fair share of DCOMs.

If you don’t know what that acronym means, A) you missed the early 2000s sweet spot or B) you need to brush up on your 2000s lingo. DCOM stands for Disney Channel Original Movies, the highlight of many kids’ elementary school existence. I lived for these movies. They were a staple at slumber parties. I attended High School Musical and Jump In premiere parties, complete with gushers, bad dance moves, and lots of Zac Efron crushes.

In chronological order, Here are all of the best Disney Channel Original movies that every 2000s kid knows.

1. Halloweentown

Witches, monsters, a teenage heroine and Debbie Reynolds all in one movie?! what more could you ask for? This classic is appropriate for all seasons, not just fall.

2. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century

Zenon lives in space. She gets sent back to Earth for misbehaving. Things get crazy and Zenon has to save her spaceship and save the day. While we probably won't be living in space in 2049, this movie is still a great one to watch.

3. The Thirteenth Year

This DCOM is about a boy who discovers he's actually a mermaid on his 13th birthday. Things only get weirder from there. No one said DCOMs were normal.

4. Quints

A 14-year-old wants a sibling and gets more than she bargained for when 5 babies arrive. Starring DCOM staple, Kimberly J. Brown, this movie has everything that makes up a heartwarming, happy Disney staple.

5. Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire

The weirdness continues with this DCOM. Two kids get their mom a date so they can sneak out of the house. Turns out he's a vampire and they have to team up with the local vampire hunter to save her. Crazy plot line but entertaining as any DCOM.

6. Motocrossed

A girl wants to race motocross but her dad wants her to stick to "girly things". Despite the old-school gender roles, this movie is a great one if you're in the mood to smash the patriarchy.

7. The Luck of the Irish

Another weird one in the DCOM catalog, we follow a family whose lucky coin is stolen. This causes them all to turn into leprechauns. Weirdness and shenanigans ensue.

8. Cadet Kelly

Featuring two Disney staples of the day; Hillary Duff, and Christy Carlson Romano, this coming of age film is funny and touching all in one. Plus, when our parents threatened us with military school, we took them seriously.

9. Get a Clue

Starring pre-breakdown Lindsay Lohan, a group of kid journalists investigate what happened to their missing teacher. Insanity ensues. This includes an affair, $10,000,000 and someone being framed. While totally unrealistic, the movie is still a great time.

10. Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off

Eddie is torn between cooking and baseball. Turns out the cooking finals and the big game is on the same day! *GASP* If you're looking for a cheesy, happy ending, this is your movie.

11. The Cheetah Girls

As classic as they come, this movie was a staple for every 2000s chick. Four best friends in a girl group trying to make it big. The highlight of my elementary school life was seeing The Cheetah Girls in concert. I can still belt out "Cheetah Sisters" like it was 2003.

12. Pixel Perfect

This is quite possibly the weirdest movie on the list. Roscoe makes a holographic girl, Loretta, so a band can have a dancer. The weirdness comes in when A) Roscoe falls in love with Loretta B) The hologram escapes into the internet C) Someone falls into a coma and D) Loretta escapes into coma girl's EEG machine. So strange but still a classic.

13. Stuck in the Suburbs

The cellphone of a superstar falls into the hands of two obsessed fans. Let's just say nothing goes according to plan. Starring two Disney staples, Danielle Panabaker and Brenda Song, this movie plays out every middle school girl's dream.

14. Tiger Cruise

Perhaps the most serious movie on this list, Kids are on a cruise with their parents to see what things are like in the military. During the trip, the 9/11 attacks happen and the ship is thrown into turmoil. More mature than most DCOMs, this one will hit you right in the feels.

15. Halloweentown High

More witches and Debbie Reynolds! The third installment in the Halloweentown series introduces us to more crazy creatures from the other side of the portal. Scary and fun, this movie is a classic all year round.

16. Now You See It...

Aly Michalka is working on a reality show to find the best teen magician. She bonds with one who turns out to actually have magical powers! Villians appear and two must work together to save the day.

17. Go Figure

Similar to Eddie and his dilemma, Katelin is a figure skater and a hockey player. She tries not to let either team find out but obviously fails because the big events are on the same day! A good story about friendship and being yourself.

18. Twitches

Twins. Witches. Twitches. Disney staples Tia and Tamera Mowry discover they are long lost twin witches and go on a mission to save their home dimension known as Coventry. This is basically a witchy version Sister, Sister and I can't get enough.

19. High School Musical

The crown jewel of DCOMs, HSM became a worldwide phenomenon that changed the world. Everyone saw this movie, sang the songs and did the dances. I still believe me and Zac Efron are getting married.

20. Cow Bells

Starring two more Disney staples, Aly and AJ Michalka, the story follows two spoiled girls who have to work on their family dairy farm. Chaos follows as valuable lessons are learned.

21. Read It and Weep

Starring the Panabaker sisters, this DCOM revolves around a girl whose private journal is published and becomes a bestseller. Obviously, chaos follows and things get wild.

22. The Cheetah Girls 2

The Cheetah Sisters are back and headed to Spain! Classic songs, awesome dance moves, and cool love interests make this movie a must see if you liked CG 1.

23. Jump In!

A fun take on sports movies, Corbin Bleu and Keke Palmer double dutch their way to the championships. A great movie with some fun Disney staples of the early 2000s.

24. High School Musical 2

The follow up to the best DCOM ever, HSM 2 gave us hits like "Fabulous", "Bet on It" and "Gotta Go My Own Way". Also, we got the Zac Efron dramatic face meme out of it.

25. Camp Rock

Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers?! There's no better way to end this list. A classic movie with some of the best songs of all time.

These DCOMs were the guide to millions of kids lives during the 2000s. We cried with them, learned from them and sang at the top of our lungs to every song. All of the movies on this list, and every DCOM in general means something to a college kid who just wants to turn back time. So come on Disney, give a throwback marathon. We're begging for it.