25 Best Christmas Songs That Never Get Old

Tis the season for singing Christmas carols!

102

1. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey

If you don't hear this song at least 5 times per day, you probably live under a rock. Whether it's played in the mall, on a pop radio station or at your local grocery store, you can't escape Mimi this holiday season.

2. "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby

Unless you live in a place where there's actually a "white Christmas" to look forward to, I don't think you'll fully appreciate this signature Bing Crosby song, which debuted on his NBC radio show, "The Kraft Music Hall," on Dec. 25, 1941.

3. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee

One line is all you need to recognize and sing along to this all-time favorite. Just sing the first verse and the rest of it is history! After all, Brenda Lee was only 13 years old when she recorded this song.

4. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra

Pour yourself a drink, relax, put on some Sinatra, and have yourself a merry little Christmas. Ol' Blue Eyes commands it.

5. "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives

The only good way to listen to this song is to watch "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," the movie that features it, while baking some holly jolly Christmas cookies. Either way, make sure you're enjoying this holiday classic because it will never get old.

6. "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)" by Nat King Cole

If this song doesn't make you want to kiss your sweetie under the mistletoe or slow dance around the Christmas tree, I don't know what kind of Christmas you're having. There's something so sexy, sultry, and smooth about hearing Nat King Cole's voice.

7. "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt

A lady known for making heads turn with this song, Eartha Kitt will always be remembered for serenading Santa with her extensive and expensive Christmas list. A sable, a '54 light blue convertible, a yacht, deed to a platinum mine, stocking filled with a duplex and checks, and a ring (not on the phone). You're pushin' it, Eartha.

8. "Last Christmas" by Wham!

This song is sort of the Adele of Christmas. It makes you think of all the exes who broke your heart, whether it was on Christmas or not. No wonder Taylor Swift did a cover of this song in 2007.

9. "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley

Another song known for inciting Christmas tears, Elvis Presley released "Blue Christmas" in 1957. However, It's a little more difficult to be sad hearing this song when this hunk of a man is singing it.

10. "Little Drummer Boy" by The Harry Simeone Chorale

A timeless song featured in a classic Christmas movie of the same name, this original choir version tells a very old story. It doesn't matter if you are a poor boy, have no gifts to bring, or whatever the case may be, everyone can have an equally great Christmas with the right people by their side.

11. "Silent Night" by Bing Crosby

Bing is back! This song of his is probably the slowest of his Christmas ballads. It's usually the one that you wanna hear right before you drift off to sleep on Christmas Eve night.

12. "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms

This Christmas song is one known for being in a non-Christmas movie. In the movie, "Mean Girls," a female-sung version of this song was danced to by Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, and Amanda Seyfried.

13. "Silver Bells" by Bing Crosby

"It's Christmastime in the city," unless of course you don't live in a city. "City sidewalks, busy sidewalks," still do not apply to everyone, Bing. Enjoy Christmas and this song wherever you live, ladies and gentlemen.

14. "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson

A joyful melody of orchestral instruments, Leroy Anderson's "Sleigh Ride" is perfect for a song you want to hear, not necessarily sing along to, although there are words on other versions of the song. Perfect Christmas elevator music? Check.

15. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" by Frank Sinatra

There could not be a more perfect song for the voice of Sinatra. That voice makes you believe he'll be home for Christmas without even knowing him. *swoon*

16. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Burl Ives

You cannot go a single Christmas without listening to this beloved ballad. Another Christmas song that accompanies a movie of the same name, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will always hold a special place in all of our hearts.

17. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" by Thurl Ravenscroft

Mr. Grinch is undoubtedly the most notorious cartoon Christmas villain, as proliferated in the 1966 animated television special and the 2000 movie starring actor/comedian Jim Carrey. This song embellishes just how Scrooge-like his black heart and arsenic-filled soul are.

18. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by Jessica Simpson

It just can't be! There's nothing more scandalous than seeing your mom kiss Santa Claus! Wrong. Bombshell Jessica Simpson singing "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" is. Also, I grew up. My dad is Santa Claus (or rather, the one in the Santa suit).

19. "Frosty The Snowman" by Jimmy Durante

Frosty the Snowman was probably one of the more jolly animated characters of Christmas. If you didn't cry when he melted in the December 1969 television special, you have a heart full of coal. This song takes you through his illustrious journey as a snowman reincarnated from a top hat.

20. "Here Comes Santa Claus" by Gene Autry

If you're like me, you might only really remember this song from the 1989 movie, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," starring Chevy Chase. Nonetheless, the tune gets you really excited for the 25th and the holiday season in general.

21. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams

This Andy Williams' classic is great for more than one reason. Firstly, it can be sung (and somewhat applied to) at any time of the year (i.e. my dad used to sing it to us on the first day of school as a cruel joke). It also brings about many examples of why Christmastime truly is the best time of the year (i.e. parties for hosting, marshmallows roasting, caroling out in the snow are things Williams mentions).

22. "Do You Hear What I Hear" by Bing Crosby

Another Bing Crosby hit, this 1963 recording can sometimes get a little too repetitive. Some lines are duplicated many times, but with the story being about peace, it can certainly be listened to for Christmases to come. It was written by a married couple in October 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis and was sung for the first time by Crosby on the day that President Joh F. Kennedy was murdered: November 22, 1963.

23. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Fred Astaire

Yet another Rankin & Bass-produced television special, this song was sung by dancer/choreographer/singer/musician/actor extraordinaire, Fred Astaire. The television special was narrated by Astaire and was released on December 14, 1970.

24. "Winter Wonderland" by Burl Ives

I'm often tempted to sing "Walken in a Winter Wonderland" because of the famous Christopher Walken, but seriously, Burl Ives kills it again. I love this song's simple tempo and the lyrics are very easy to remember each Christmas.

25. "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" by Michael Bublé

To end our list, this Michael Bublé rendition of "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" is a smooth, uncontested classic of the Christmas season. His voice and version of this beloved Christmas song is just pure magic.