25 Beautifully Obscure Words To Add To Your Vocabulary

Big, gorgeous, unknown words with beautiful meanings

7259

1. Efflorescence- flowering, blooming

2. Inglenook- a cozy nook by a hearth

3. Labyrinthine- twisting and turning

4. Tintinnabulation- a ringing or tinkling sound

5. Euneirophrenia- the peace of mind that comes from having pleasant dreams

6. Elysian- beautiful or creative, divinely inspired, peaceful or perfect

7. Aliferous- having wings

8. Metanoia- the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life (shoutout to Ms. Mazanka for teaching me this one in 9th-grade Religion class!)

9. Sequacious- lacking independence or originality of thought

10. Eutony- the pleasantness of a word's sound

11. Filipendulous- hanging by a thread

12. Clinquant- glittering with gold and silver

13. Sillage- the degree to which one's perfume lingers in the air when worn

14. Mellifluous- a sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to the ear

15. Petrichor- the pleasant, earthy smell after rain

16. Meliorism- the belief that the world gets better; the belief that humans can improve the world

17. Frondescence- leafage, foliage

18. Eburnean- ivory colored

19. Nefelibata- cloud walker; one who lives in the clouds of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not obey the conventions of society, literature, or art

20. Illecebrous- alluring, attractive, enticing

21. Coddiwomple- to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination

22. Quaintrelle- a woman who emphasizes a life of passion, expressed through personal style, leisurely pastimes, charm, and cultivation of life's pleasures

23. Bimble- to walk or travel at a leisurely pace

24. Kalopsia- the delusion of things being more beautiful than they are

25. Eunoia- beautiful thinking; a well mind