24 Thoughts You Have While Unpacking From College

You never know how much crap you have until it's all laid out in front of you on your bedroom floor.

57

The school year is over, and you're finally back home. Mom and Dad loaded up the van on move out day, shoving all your stuff in the trunk until it finally shuts close. But, now that you’ve made it back to your humble abode, it’s time to start unpacking. The floor you once saw in your bedroom is completely gone. Putting everything away has got to be the worst part because there are so many things running through your mind.

1. How do I have this much sh*t?

2. Where did this come from?

3. Where am I supposed to put this? I have no idea where this was before.

4. How did all this crap fit into that tiny room at school?

5. Ew, I need to wash my comforter. I think I only washed it once this year.

6. I never wore this. Why did I bring this to college?

7. I’m not going to use this; I’m just going to throw it away.

8. I need to reorganize my room.

9. This is seriously going to take me forever.

10. *Documents messy room on Snapchat* “If anyone likes unpacking, come on over!”

11. I have too many T-shirts.

12. Why didn’t I take my winter clothes home over spring break?

13. I definitely brought home way more crap than what I left with in the fall.

14. I need to vacuum.

15. “Mom, do you want this?”

16. Shoot, I forgot to give this back to my roommate.

17. I still need to return that textbook.

18. I feel like I forgot something…or lost it.

19. I guess I’ll save some of this stuff for next year.

20. What’s the point of unpacking half this sh*t if I’m only home for a few months?

21. I really don’t want to do this again.

22. I really need to get rid of this, but I just can’t.

23. OK, I’m almost done. I can see the floor!

24. Finally, a nice clean room.

It may be clean now, but just wait a few months before you're getting ready to go back to school and all the clutter will be back where it was in the first place: all over your room.