Thinking about where I am now and who I've become the past 18 years of my life, I reference back to my mom and all that she's done for me. Sure, we have our arguments sometimes, but nothing will ever tear away the bond that we have with each other. Over the past 18 years, she has been the most influential person, shaping me into the woman I am today. For the past 18 years, I've been lucky enough to have a woman to look up to and to have a best friend who's always there. So thanks, Mom. I just wanted to give you all the reasons why you're the best.
1. She's always someone to talk to...even when I'm at my worst and annoying the hell out of her
2. She makes the best food
3. She taught me how to do laundry (thankfully) and still does it for me sometimes
4. She is always straight up with me
5. She is the hardest working person I know
You've always balanced your job, me and my sister, our two pets, keeping the house orderly, and any other thing going on in your life in a correct and fashionable manner. I couldn't appreciate it more.
6. She is the most caring woman I know
7. She is always thinking of other people
You're the only person I've met in my entire life that cares for other people as much as you do. You always put others first and your thoughtfulness and kindness toward others will always be something I admire.
8. She takes care of me when I'm sick
9. She takes me on spontaneous vacations
10. She raised me to become who I am today
11. She gave me boundaries and rules from a young age
12. She loves my friends as much as I do
13. She hates that I say this, but she's my true best friend
14. She is actually really funny
15. She understands my love for food
16. ...and clothes
17. She is the best bargain shopper I know
18. She is supportive of (mostly) everything I do
Thanks for letting me decide what college I wanted to go to, and thanks for letting me come home whenever. Thanks for letting me see Taylor Swift eight times in concert and for taking me to both Texas and Arizona to see her. Thanks for letting me go to the midnight premier of all of the "Twilight" and "Hunger Games" movies when I was younger. Thanks for letting me make my own decisions and thanks for supporting me through it all!
19. She's the cool mom
Again, hate to admit it...but it's true. You are a pretty cool mom.
20. She makes me happy/smile
Whether it's calling or texting to see how my day was, or making sure I get back to my dorm safe. Or giving me money to go get food, or taking me out to eat. Even just hanging out with me. It makes me really happy.