23 Tips For A Successful Semester

23 Tips For A Successful Semester

Wanting to succeed is normal, but can be hard when it comes to college.

5104
23 Tips For A Successful Semester
NBC News

College is full of all new responsibilities. It is easy to slack off and become lazy. Mom and dad aren't there to make sure you do everything. Here's how to make this your most successful semester.

1. Plan.

Get a planner and plan for the day, week and month. Write down assignments and plan to study and nap.

2. Manage your time!

Don't waste time doing nothing. Buckle down and get to business. (Queue Mulan's "Let's Get Down to Business")

3. Stay organized.

Color coding my planner helps me -- and sticky notes!

4. Take notes.

In class, pay attention and write the important things down in your notes. Then go over your notes before/after class to review.

5. Go to class.

Seriously, just go to class. Most professors will give participation points when you go to class. It is to your benefit to go to class.

6. Ask questions.

There is no dumb question -- just ask. It would be better to ask and find out than to not know at all.

7. Don't overload yourself.

It is perfectly okay to say no. Don't take on more than you can handle.

8. Be confident.

Have the confidence of Christine Yang.

9. Set goals!

Have something to work toward. Then reward yourself when you meet it.

10. Meet your goals.

Actually work toward the goal you set. It is an amazing feeling once you meet your goal.

11. Make a to do list.

Knowing what you have to do is better than forgetting to do something.

12. Keep it positive.

Having a positive attitude makes things easier and more fun.

13. Study.

You can't get away with not studying. Your grades will suffer, so you might as well study.

14. Get a tutor.

There is nothing wrong with getting a tutor. They can help you one time or all semester. Plus check out the writing center for help as well. Utilize the resources your college offers.

15. Sleep.

Everyone needs sleep to function and stay healthy. Be sure to get some sleep!

16. Call home.

Call your parents, siblings, and/or grandparents they want to know how you are doing. Plus, the send all sorts of love and support your way.

17. Stay motivated.

Don't become lazy. Keep your motivation up and avoid the mid semester slump.

18. Be healthy.

I know it's hard, but attempt to work out and eat healthy... The freshman 15 is real and it is not just for freshman year.

19. Don't procrastinate.

I'm the first one to put the pro in procrastinate but it's a bad idea! It leads to rushed work or papers not turned in.

20. Talk with your professors and/or advisors.

They want to get to know you. They are down to earth people and not scary monsters you might think they are.

21. HAVE FUN!

College is one of the best times of your life. It goes by to fast so enjoy every minute of it!

22. Remember you can do it!

Don't give up! You got this!

23. Start strong, end strong.

Start off on the right foot with making good habits, then beat the middle of the semester slump, and you will finish this semester strong and successful.