Credit: kodemag.com
Pin It

23 Things I've Learned So Far in 2016

"Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go."

Add to Collection

To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.

It's the day of move-in for my junior year of college, and I'm thinking, 2016 has surely gone by fast. I've gone on new adventures and have traveled to the other side of the world. I gained new friendships and have lost some as well. 2016 was a mixture of growing up and falling down. I've learned new things about myself that I didn't know existed and new things about myself that I tried hiding but couldn't. I've fallen in love, out of love, back in love, and in the love moment where you're just confused on what's going on. As I reminisce all the good and bad 2016 has brought me, there are 23 things I've definitely learned about myself and life, including things I already knew, but needed to be reminded of once again.

1. Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Image result for be yourself GIF

2. People come and go. It sucks and it hurts, but not all will stay and stand by your side, no matter how close you are.

Image result for friends come and go GIF

3. Travel as much as you can and see what the world has to offer.

Image result for travel GIF

4. Don't have the mindset of everyone you know being nice. Just because you're friends with them, it doesn't mean you know how they truly are.

Image result for you're not nice GIF

5. Trust takes time. Trust the right people, but don't give it away to people so easily.

Image result for trust GIF

6. Love is beautiful, not hurtful.

Image result for love GIF

7. Don't give your heart away. Guard your heart. Once it's out there, it's hard to get it back.

Image result for guard your heart GIF

8. Be silly and laugh. Laugh brings a smile to not only your face both those around you.

Image result for guard your heart GIF

9. Go out there and meet new people. Make connections and bonds.

Image result for guard your heart GIF

10. Make sure you eat right according to your body and health.

Image result for healthy eating GIF

11. Although you should eat healthy, remember there are so much to try in this world. Try a variety of diverse foods and drinks.

Image result for healthy eating GIF

12. Go out and have fun! When you get older, you won't have as much time since you'll most likely be working full time.

Image result for have fun GIF

13. Don't forget to sleep though. You can't do anything if you're constantly exhausted, which can lead you into becoming unhealthy and sick physically and mentally.

Image result for sleep GIF

14. Put 100% of effort into everything you do even if you don't succeed.

Image result for working hard GIF

15. In everything you do, you never lose. You only win or learn.

Image result for you either win or learn GIF

16. Forgive. We are not perfect. We make mistakes and make decisions that not only impact ourselves but those around us. Life is too short to hold onto grudges and hatred towards others when you can move forward and grow.

Image result for forgiveness GIF

17. Love unconditionally. In a world that's turning into hate, all you can do is love and hope the rest will too.

Image result for love unconditionally GIF

18. Follow your dreams and passions. Don't let anyone bring you down or tell you you're not good enough.

Image result for follow your dreams GIF

19. Love yourself. No human being will love you as much as you should. If you can't love and cherish yourself, how can you expect others to do that for you? There are people out there can help you to realize self love, but in the end, you are the one who decides to love yourself.

20. Don't rush to find a boyfriend or girlfriend. Don't force it. Having a significant other takes time, effort, and being open, and if you're not willing to put that into the relationship, don't look for one. Wait until you're ready. Your time will come.

Image result for i dont need a boyfriend GIF

21. Learn, learn, learn. There is never nothing to learn and you can never learn too much.

Image result for learn GIF

22. Life can get hard, but stay strong! You got this. No one's life is ever easy, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

23. Breathe.

Image result for breathe  GIF

Image result for breathe  GIF

Image result for breathe  GIF

gustavus | minnesota | hmong | dance, music, food | travel & explore | be you | good vibes only |

Like Odyssey on Facebook