23 Signs That You're A Writer

23 Signs That You're A Writer

Things every writer can relate to.

7
23 Signs That You're A Writer
exwifenewlife

Changing my major to writing was the best decision I have ever made. Writing is such a passion of mine and I can’t imagine what I would do without writing. These are all the things I noticed that I do that makes me the writer I am today.

1. You have multiple journals (completed or not).

They just keep piling up. First you start one and want to finish it but you find a cute journal at target for cheap and end up leaving the old one in the giant pile of unfinished journals.

2. You love the smell of old books.

The smell of old anything really makes me happy. Old books, libraries, computers, etc. It all brings you so much happiness!

3. You need to write everything down in order to comprehend it.

From notes in class, planning events, homework, and daily activities, to even comparing schedules with someone, everything needs to be in writing.

4. Hearing that you have an essay to write for class is music to your ears.

The longer...the better!

5. Procrastination is a skill you have mastered.

6. And deadlines give you anxiety.

7. The worst thing in the world is writers block.

Every writer's worst nightmare. Sometimes you just want to throw your computer in hope that will help you find an idea for a story.

8. Sometimes you take trips out of your house to get ideas for a new story.

9. You love listening to people's stories and lives because it may inspire a future story for you to write.

10. Attacking people's grammar errors is normal for you.

11. Editing others papers is considered a hobby of yours.

So many mistakes to fix. Everything must be perfect!

12. You have joined or started at least one club for writing in high school or college.

You only started/joined these writing clubs just so you can find writing freaks like yourself. Together you can change the world with a paper and pen.

13. You have a writing playlist on Spotify.

My playlist is filled with soothing music and acoustic covers but you can keep whatever helps you write in there.

14. You dream of living in a NYC apartment.

Brick walls, a bed, a man/woman, WiFi, a pet, and your computer is all you need (or maybe that's just me).

15. You wear glasses (or you wish you did.)

16. A new novel idea pops into your head at least once a day.

It can come anytime, anywhere.

17. You may have already started a novel.

18. Seeing a blank page never scares you, it brings you joy.

A blank page is just waiting to be filled with all of your creativity

19. You’d rather write than say it.

Talking things out is difficult for you. So why not write it out?

20. You know good writing when you see it.

21. Writing is your therapy.

I suffer from depression, so one way I can easily calm my depression triggers is by writing. I just write everything I am feeling at that moment (then I usually delete it later on.)

22. You always wanted one of those old time type writers.

23. Every day is a writing day!

Whether it's notes for a class, ideas for a novel, or a random story at 2 AM, you write every single day no matter what. Writing is your life.