23 Reasons I Simply, And Unconditionally, Love My Boyfriend

The story of how he stole my heart.

150427

If you're lucky, you will meet the love of your life in college, or in the years to follow. I was lucky enough to meet my amazing boyfriend at the end of my freshman year. When I first met him, I really didn't like him all that much. Today, I couldn't imagine a day without him. He loves me to the moon and back, and I fall in love with him all over again every day.

Here are some of the ways he stole my heart and the reasons why I love him so much.

1. He never gave up on me. Even when I told him I wanted to take a break from him and I started talking to other guys again, he never let his hope of us getting back together die. He fought for me.

2. He always has my back. Even if he doesn't really agree with me, he never says so. He will go to the end of the Earth and back to take my side and stand up for me.

3. He is strong mentally and physically. So much happens to him and myself and he never falters, and he never lets anything break him.

4. I know that we will get through anything together. Through thick and thin, already he has proven that he is a keeper.

5. He tells me he loves me more than once a day, every day.

6. He instills confidence in me and sees me at my best, even when I feel at my worst.

7. He knows exactly what I am thinking before I even get a chance to say what that may be.

8. He takes care of me. When I am sick he cuddles with me in bed and makes me soup. When I am feeling great, he takes me on little adventures.

9. I never get bored or have a bad time, when I am with him.

10. He treats me amazingly well. Whether it's going all out for me on my birthday, or buying me a tiny surprise just because it's a Monday, he doesn't mind going the extra mile to see me smile.

11. We like all of the same things. Except for which brand of peanut butter or mayonnaise is better...which is Jif and Duke's.

12. He makes me laugh until I start crying about the most stupid things ever.

13. My dog likes him better than me at this point.

14. He loves to stay in bed with me all day and watch movies and be lazy.

15. He loves Chipotle as much as I do, which is saying a lot because ya girl loves chipotle. It's my life.

16. He talks about our future together with me, however hypothetical it may be.

17. He gives me piggy back rides.

18. He is silly and goofy and immature with me at all times throughout the day.

19. I trust him with my life.

20. I always feel safe around him, and he taught me how to shoot a gun and defend myself.

21. He calls me the cheesiest nicknames but I love them more than my actual name.

22. He stands up for what he believes in.

23. He kisses me like it's going to be our last almost every time.

Even though we fight over stupid things sometimes, and struggle to get along always, I love the little games we play with each other. I am so blessed and thankful that I met him at that one party my freshman year, and I can't thank my lucky stars enough that they forced me to give him a chance.

I love you Ricky. I know you have been asking me to give you a shout out in my articles for a while now but I thought you deserved a little more than just that. I am so proud of you for all you do in your life. Happy graduation!