23 PBS Kids Shows That Changed Our Lives For The Better

"This program is also made possible by contributions to your PBS station, from viewers like you. Thank you."

628

On March 16, 2017, CNN reported the following: "President Trump is proposing to end all federal funding for public broadcasting. Now a budget battle is beginning, and brands like PBS and NPR say they are ready to fight -- again."

I am part of a generation that was raised on a steady diet of PBS Kids programming, so the announcement of proposed budget cuts were most definitely disheartening.

Honestly, I have no idea what my childhood would have been like without PBS programming.

So, to lighten the mood, I decided to compile a list of the most influential PBS Kids programs. Hopefully, this trip down memory lane will bring a much-needed smile to your face.

1. "The Big Comfy Couch" (1994-2006)

2. "Zoboomafoo" (1999-2001)

3. "Noddy" (1998-2000)

4. "Dragon Tales" (1999-2005)

5. "Between the Lions" (2000-2010)

6. "Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat" (2001-2002)

7. "Cyberchase" (2002-2015)

8. "Sesame Street" (1969-present)

9. "Arthur" (1996-present)

10. "Clifford the Big Red Dog" (2000-2003)

11. "Maya and Miguel" (2004-2007)

12. "Barney & Friends" (1992-2010)

13. "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" (1968-2001)

14. "Reading Rainbow" (1983-2006)

15. "Teletubbies" (1997-2001)

16. "Caillou" (1997-2010)

17. "Wimzie's House" (1995-1996)

18. "Elmo's World" (1998-2009)

19. "Zoom" (1999-2005)

20. "The Magic School Bus" (1994-1997)

21. "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" (1998-2002)

22. "Wishbone" (1995-1998)

23. "Liberty's Kids" (2002-2003)

This piece would not be complete without the presence of the popular PBS trope. So, here it goes:

"This program was made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and by contributions to your PBS station, from Viewers Like You. Thank You."