22 Reasons Not To Be Afraid To Travel Around Europe

(As if the variety in food and drink aren't reason enough.)

14
Natalie Kirland

In light of the recent attacks in Brussels and terrorists threats in the surrounding areas, American travelers may question the safety of traveling abroad. While that is a valid concern, I argue that the more afraid we become, the more the bad guys win. Here are 22 reasons to still discover the beautiful, historical and simply magical sites of Europe (as told through pictures of my time spent abroad).

1. How can you not fall in ~Louvre~ with Paris, France?

2. The breathtaking views of the Glendalough Mountains in Wicklow, Ireland.

3. This romantic-even-when-rainy scene in Venice, Italy.

4. The straight-out-of-a-storybook buildings in Munich, Germany.

5. I mean...this is obvious. The birthplace of "Harry Potter." HARRY POTTER, people!

6. The fierce Cliffs of Moher standing tall in County Clare, Ireland.

7. The ever-colorful John Lennon Wall in Prague, Czech Republic.

8. The wine (and this view, I guess), in Cinque Terre, Italy.

9. The towering Big Ben in London, England.

10. The massive and ancient Cologne Cathedral in Cologne, Germany.

11. The astronomical clock tower in Old Town Hall in Prague, Czech Republic.

12. The colorful and inviting buildings on the Rhine River in Cologne, Germany.

13. The rare sunny days in Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

14. La Sagrada Familia which has been under construction since 1882 in Barcelona, Spain.

15. The enchanting charm of the Love Lock Bridge (and Notre Dame) in Paris, France.

16. Delicious beers bigger than your head in Munich, Germany.

17. The cloudless days and inviting beaches of Barcelona, Spain.

18. The fairytale-esque castles of Edinburgh, Scotland.

19. The inviting London Eye even on gloomy days in London, England.

20. This Pinterest-perfect view in Cinque Terre, Italy.

21. The subtle rainbows of the Ring of Kerry in Kildare, Ireland.

22. I mean...it's the Eiffel Tower. You don't need a reason to want to see this.