22 Disney GIFs That Describe The Life Of A College Student

"Once you're grown up, you can never come back" —Peter Pan

151
Walt Disney Pictures

Walt Disney motion pictures has shaped nearly every generation still living today. They taught us how to make friends, how to love and most importantly how to be yourself. They were such a big part of our lives growing up, but who said that had to stop after high school graduation? Here are some GIFs that still accurately describe our day-to-day life as (almost) adults:

1. How you look on your first day as a freshman.

You know, the deer-in-headlights looking kid decked out head-to-toe in university gear bought yesterday at the bookstore during move-in.

2. What it's like when you start a new semester and your schedule changes completely.

Where's "Wirtz Hall" anyways?

3. Praying before you go to bed that you'll get a decent grade on the paper you wrote at 3 a.m. because you forgot all about it until you were nine episodes into your "Grey's Anatomy" binge session.

I'm sure Meredith Grey had to pull some late nights too, right?

4. When you get the grade you were hoping for.

Back to "Grey's."

5. And when you don't...

You know what will make you feel better? "Grey's."

6. There's always that one guy you always see sitting under the same tree in the quad everyday jamming out on his acoustic

Anyway, here's "Wonderwall."

7. Every night you try to convince yourself that you don't want to go out, but your friend convinces you last minute.

"No, I have an exam tomorrow...Wait, what's the theme?...OK, I'll be over in 10."

8. How you walk into the party with your squad.

How else will everyone else know that the party's really about to get started?

9. After a night out, you definitely deserve to wear those ratty sweatpants from high school and your ex's hoodie to class.

But "don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me" is on a constant loop in your head all day.

10. And going to class that day is always an internal struggle.

Maybe your professor won't notice you sleeping if you sit in the back corner of the room.

11. But it's hard not to pay attention when you're taking classes for a major you love.

Yas, Professor, what else about gender politics in the 1960s?

12. Having an unlimited meal plan with dining services open until midnight is both a gift and a curse.

The freshman 15? Never heard of it.

13. Yet going home for breaks and eating home-cooked food is like heaven.

Even the cereal at home tastes better.

14. But you're always hounded by relatives who have a million questions about how school's going.

"What's your major?" "What classes are you taking?" "Wow, college has become so liberal since I was in school! You really have co-ed dorms?"

15. Which makes you itch to go back to school.

You might actually begin to miss that lumpy twin-sized bed a little bit.

16. I mean, remember those co-ed dorms?

Just kidding, I'm here to get my B.A., not my MRS.

17. You'll always find your people in college.

No matter what "stage" you're going through.

18. And these friends might even help you extend your vocabulary.

Just remember what's appropriate to say during your weekly phone call with Grandma.

19. There will always be someone there to ask you, "Want to get food?"

Taco Bell at 1 a.m.? Of course. But really, what's the freshman 15?

20. Just don't be surprised when your bank account resembles your GPA.

Yeah, how many Doritos Tacos Locos can I get with $3.50?

21. It'll be the most challenging years of your life,

Well I certainly don't feel like I'm in my "prime", Mom.

22. But you'd never trade your college experience for anything.

Hey, these years will be filled with some of the hardest decisions of our lives, but in the end it's all worth it.