21 Thoughts While Attending A Paint Nite

"This is the most majestic tree I've ever seen."

3
Laura Carter

If you're anything like my friends and I then you love getting crafty and maybe even enjoying some food or drinks while you do it. If you've ever been to a paint night of any kind, some of these thoughts may be running through your mind.

1. "I can't wait to see the finished product."

At this point in the paint nite, you are confident and looking forward to your mission as a painter.

2. "The painting we chose is so pretty!"

Agreeing with your group of friends, you love what you chose. If only you knew how difficult it would be to actually paint.

3. "Oooo we are starting now, okay I can do this."

Positive vibes keep you going as you listen to your instructor.

4. "Alright mixing colors ...my colors do not look like that."

This seems easy at first, until you see how perfect your instructor's colors are and how ... average ... yours are. Time to add more to the mix!

5. "Starting the background — it's blue? I can do this."

The background is so important to the overall piece and usually the most fun, but also so much work.

6. "What is she doing now? Blending blue with lighter blue?"

Your instructor knows this painting like the back of her hand; she's in the zone and you're just trying to come up.

7. "So. Much. Water."

Blending means water, water, and more water! BLEND that sky.

8. "Do these brush strokes count as my workout for today?"

The background and solid color parts of the paintings can really get your muscles moving.

9. "I'm behind, HELP ME."

So many steps, so little time.

10. "Aaaaannnnddddd.... I messed up."

Enough said.

11. "Wow I love what they did with their painting... it has a personal touch, why didn't I do that?!?"

So many creative people go to these and I so wish I was as daring as them.

12. "Mixing, mixing, mixing."

So many colors. So many versions of the SAME color. Never enough of the color you need.

13. "Alright, put the paint brush in the water cup, not my wine glass."

This can be a bit hard to remember, especially when you're in the zone.

14. "This doesn't look right... maybe I need another drink."

These things are held at a bar for a reason, you know.

15. I wish I was more creative.

16. *Takes a step back* "oh wow okay it's not SO bad."

Sometimes taking a few steps back and looking from afar is all you really need to truly fall in love with your piece.

17. "I am an artist, look at my masterpiece."

Confidence is soaring at this point. Accomplished is an understatement.

18. "Just a few strokes here, a few more here, .... and here... and some here.... just...a...few....more..."

This has to be the hardest part of painting would be not knowing when to stop! Making lines, dots, strokes, and just adding them to your piece no matter what you are painting is so addicting.

19. "Okay, someone tell me to stop or I will keep adding these lines."

For real, ask your friends to tell you to stop or you will be sitting there forever.

20. "I LOVE the sky."

Favorite part of the painting, for sure.

21. "This is the most majestic tree I've ever seen."