21 Thoughts When Playing Pokemon GO

21 Thoughts When Playing Pokemon GO

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

20
21 Thoughts When Playing Pokemon GO
geekdad.com

So, as most people know at this point thanks to the insane amount of posts seen on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, on July 6, 2016 a new app for iOS and Android was released called Pokemon GO. It is literally the dream of nearly every person that grew up loving Pokemon because now we are practically Pokemon trainers ourselves, walking around our world finding Pokemon that those at Niantic have placed all around. By going to various places we can find Pokemon that match that environment, such as going into forests you're bound to find a bunch of pidgeys (trust me on this one) and you'll find water Pokemon around bodies of water. It's pretty easy to catch on to, too, even if it does drain your battery even with the battery saving option on the app itself.

Now if you play the game or are familiar with the posts, one or more of these thoughts has likely crossed your mind at some point as the makers work out the kinks to help us become Pokemon Masters and continue to play Pokemon GO.

1) What do you mean the servers are down?

The price we must pay as aspiring Pokemon masters for downloading the game the same day as basically everyone else. Good luck to the people in charge of the servers, you're the real MVP's.

(But in all serious plz have them up ASAP thank u.)

2) Shout-out to this game for reminding us if we live in the middle of nowhere.

Makes the task of collecting them all a little harder than expected. Because there are none.

3) Oh cool, my first Pidgey!

A pretty easy catch and pretty high CP this time around, what could be better?

4) Oh for the love of all that is good and Holy stop finding weedles, pidgeys and rattatas!

The first one was fun, as were a few after, but now it needs to stop. I am begging you. I've caught at least twelve pidgeys and nine weedles.

5) Why oh why are the servers down again.

This happens far too frequently in this game I just want to catch a pikachu!

6) Oh hey maybe the servers are back u- nope they're not.

Time to laugh at everyone else's frustration on social media to pass the time while the servers come back

.

7) It's been four hours maybe- nope.

@ TEAM ROCKET: GET OUT.

8) Yes! A new Pokemo- oh my God, are you kidding me the game chooses now to freeze?!

How am I going to be the very best like no one ever was now?!

9) @ Those people that keep looking at me: No, I am not trying to steal anything I just want to catch this Pokemon!

I've walked around in too many circles trying to catch this pikachu to deal with your judgmental eyes, leave me alone. Plus you're just sitting there too so, hello pot, you're calling the kettle black.

10) Don't think I can't hear the Pokemon GO music from your phone.

I can recognize it from the first chord. I know. You can't hide from one of your own.

11) I wonder if schools are going to try to ban this game if we're all catching Pokemon instead of listening.

My day would be absolutely made if there was a bulbasaur in one of my classrooms while class was in session.

13) When you're using incense and the servers go down.

Another great moment brought to you by basically the entire fanbase using this app at the exact same time.

14) If you're noticing a trend in these, yes, the servers seem to go down quite a lot.

Makes playing the game that much more exciting because YAY you made it into the app with no problems! Except now you get to catch five more pidgeys and three more zubats.

15) Are you playing Pokemon GO or are you just lost?

I doubt I'll ever know, now.

16) Is this the sneaky way of fighting the obesity crisis in America?

Because it is definitely working.

17) I can now enter my Google email and password in my sleep.

A "remember me" button seems like a great investment, Niantic. Let's get on that please, I'll love you forever!

18) Of all the songs to get stuck in my head I can't believe it's the opening song for the app.

Quick, someone give me literally anything else.

19) The thirst some people have for Professor Willow is something that must be mentioned.

I mean first of all why are there so many articles about this what is happening and second please continue to call him daddy I am DYING over here.

20) Looking at your progress compared to Ash Ketchum's progress proves its truly the small victories that matter.

I've been at this for two days and already have more Pokemon than Ash had when he was two months into his Pokemon journey.

Plus Gary Oak's got nothing on me, but that's just a bonus. Jerk.

21) All of a sudden Pokemon is EVERYWHERE and it is GLORIOUS.

Suddenly we're all a part of the Pokemon community sharing in accomplishment and frustration and then there's the hopelessly confused people who have no idea what's happening. My heart goes out to you.