Jacksonville is such a unique place. It feels like the biggest-small town. If you have ever lived here, you know about all these things.
1. When you meet someone, you have a mutual friend.
"Hey you went to ___ high school?! Do you know ___?!"
"Yeah! We used to be neighbors!"
It doesn't matter what area you live in, you both know someone.
2. Either you love or hate Tim Tebow.
Also, someone has a connection to Tim Tebow some way or another. “Oh yeah, my best friend’s grandma goes to his church.”
3. It literally takes 30 minutes to get anywhere.
It all depends on traffic... and the construction. Jacksonville is one of the largest cities in America. There are more than 50 Publix’s in Jax. That’s how big Jacksonville is.
4. Plus, no one knows how to drive
Usually, it's old people or tourists that are going to Disney.
5. You either root for Florida or Florida State.
Let’s be real, no one actually roots for Miami and UCF. If you’re a little different you root for Georgia.
You can literally be anywhere in the world and if a group is from Jacksonville you already know people are gonna be saying this.
7. The biggest events in Jax are TPC and Florida/Georgia game.
Anyone who is anyone is there.
8. You were upset when you saw that Mandarin Mill and Freebird Live were closing.
Some of the most iconic places in Jacksonville got bought out. Thank you for all the good memories, guys. This is where I spent most of my childhood/teenage years.
9. You make it a point to inform people that "Ocean Avenue" is based on a street in Jacksonville.
“Where I used to sit and talk with you."
10 A. Even though the Jags aren’t the best, the fan pride is STRONG.
Have you been to a Jags game? The people are literally pumped.You have people that dress up in jaguar suits, costumes, their hats and everything (including their wheelchair) is decked out to the max! I personally like to go to the first game of the season when people still have their hopes up.
10 B. The guy that paints his face and wears the white beater to every game (even if its cold) is a legend at Jag games.
11. The best place to eat in town is the Metro Diner.
12. “You're from Jacksonville?! What part?"
If you say you're from Jacksonville you usually have to identify with what part of town you're from, not just the city in general. You can literally live 30 minutes away from someone in the same town as you.
13. Ponte Vedra and Jax beach are NOT the same.
People get kind of insulted when you think they're the same. Even though they're literally right by each other, they are completely two different crowds.
14. The seasons are hot, less hot, and January.
15. The Florida Theater is magical.
16. People still wear their Superbowl merch from 2004.
The Jaguars weren't even in the super bowl (haha, shocker) but people still rep the shirts to this day.
17. When you have to explain to people that you’re from Florida but don't live in Miami.
“It’s two hours north of Orlando.. You know! Disney World!”
18. The St. Johns River is your favorite view.
Have you seen a sunset off of the river? It’s gorgeous.
19. Rain, especially in the summer, is a part of your daily life.
It rains every day starting at around 2pm. It's not even rain, its like POURING RAIN, and lightning.