21 Things To Know By 21

I Learned These 21 Things By 21 And You Should Too

Being twenty-one rules!

8

Turning twenty-one is a BIG thing! Yeah, you're finally legal but you're at that age where you're not a child anymore. You're probably just finishing up your Bachelor's Degree, looking for a career, and maybe even thinking about purchasing a home in the near future. Being twenty-one is important because most of the decisions you make now, will have an impact on the rest of your life. Work hard now that way you'll have it easy later on. These twenty-one things are the most important things I learned by the time I turned twenty-one, and you should know them too!

1. How to cook

You aren't going to live with your parents forever, so it's good to know how to cook. Look recipes up online and go crazy!

2. How to say no

You're at the point in your life where you're not a child anymore. If you don't want to do something, or just can't physically do it say no. That goes for family, friends, and strangers. You don't be rude about it though.

3. How to save money

Saving is one of the most important things you can do. Don't buy useless and unnecessary things. You have to start thinking about the future, and eventually you'll become a wife, mother, and homeowner. Those things require money, and lots of it.

4. When enough is enough

In every aspect of life, whether its relationships or work please tae action when you're fed up and realize enough is enough. If you're with a terrible man, dump him. If your job is stressing you out and the pay isn't worth it, look for another job and leave. You're amazing and you shouldn't put up with nonsense.

5. Do what makes YOU happy

If it makes you happy, then do it! Stop making yourself unhappy, in order to make other people happy. This is your life.

6. Being single is perfectly fine!

Sometimes when people are single they get sad, or hate to see couples. Ladies, being single is great. You get the wonderful opportunity to focus on you, and build yourself as a person. Before you incorporate another person into your world, you have to be 100% ready.

7. Social media isn't everything

We all have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, etc. Please keep in mind people use social media to post about the great things going on in their life, not really the negative things. Stop getting jealous or upset when you see people posting things on their social media, it's not that serious. Doing that will drive you crazy. People will post their new BMW, but will not post failures they've encountered. Remember that.

8. Growing up doesn't suck

You're not a child anymore, which is a good thing! You can go on with your life, and live it the way you want to.

9.Not all of your actions requires an explanation

When a lot of people do things they feel the need to explanation why they did that. You don't owe anyone an explanation. Do whatever you want!

10. Take care of your car

You should take care of your car as if it is your child! It's your form of transportation, and without it life will be difficult. Get you oil change when you need to, and if you see a light lit up on the dash (like a check engine light) please get it checked out ASAP! Cars cost money, and whether you paid in full upfront or make payments you should value that huge purchase.

11. How to take care of yourself

This isn't always about face masks and bath bombs. This means getting rid of negativity in your life, and making sure your mental health is good.

12. Stop buying the cheapest alcohol on the shelf

Spoil yourself with something expensive!

13. Know when something should be texted, or said over the phone

Know that certain conversations shouldn't be texted and require a phone call.

14. How to be professional 

If you don't have your career yet, you will soon and that requires a high level of professionalism. You should have a lot of business casual/formal clothing, and know how to articulate.

15. How to maintain your resume/ cover letter

By now you should know what should and shouldn't be on your resume and cover letter. Remove all of the high school hobbies and jobs you had in high school.

16. Education is important

Whether we want to embrace it or not, if you don't have a Bachelor's degree life can be tougher for you. A lot of employers require at least a Bachelor's for many entry level positions. Some people don't get the opportunity to go to school, and you do so appreciate it! Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world.

17. Take advice

Don't be stubborn anymore! If someone is giving you meaningful advice, take it. You can actually learn a lot from people if you just take the time to listen.

18. Don't be bitter and negative all the time

Its been proven that negativity and bitterness takes a toll on your body and lifespan. Instead of being angry all the time, but that energy into something positive and productive.

19. How to survive in the "real world"

You won't live with your parents forever, so you should know how to support yourself out in the "real world". If you live with your parents thats perfectly fine, but just have a plan on what you would do if you weren't living with them.

20. Be selfish with your time

We've all heard the saying "time is money", and I'm here to tell you that is so TRUE! As a person that has an internship, job, and school full-time I don't have a lot of time, and the little time I do have won't be wasted. Even though it's extremely hard, be productive in your free time.

21.Planners are essential

Your planner should be your BFF! You will be organized, and won't miss anything important. My planner constantly saves my life.