21 Things I've Learned In 21 Years

21 Things I've Learned In 21 Years

Make Your Own Happiness

22
21 Things I've Learned In 21 Years
Google Images

I'm turning 21 next month, so I thought this would be a good time to reflect on my life so far. I've come up with a list of advice for myself based off of things that I have learned through experiences. Here is 21 things I've learned in 21 years:

1. Sometimes it’s okay to cut yourself some slack. Stop taking yourself so seriously.

2. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

3. Even if you quit playing a sport, it will always be a part of you.

4. Nobody is perfect. Everyone is fighting their own demons. Be kind.

5. Never take your family for granted. Spend as much time with your parents as you can.

6. If there’s an opportunity to travel, do it.

7. If it makes you nervous, do it. And if you’re nervous about something, that means it matters.

8. You’ll find out who your real friends are, one way or another.

9. Always remember to take time for yourself every day.

10. Make mistakes. It means you’re actually trying something.

11. Don’t wait for motivation to happen. Just start doing.

12. Nothing is a waste of time.

13. Do what you’re passionate about.

14. People will have different opinions than you, and that’s okay.

15. You’re allowed to have emotions. You don’t have to be strong all the time.

16. Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of you. At the end of the day, it’s just you.

17. Friends will come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They will speak different languages and have different backgrounds. Embrace them.

18. You will regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did.

19. Make your own happiness.

20. Don’t worry about finding love. It’ll find you when you’re least expecting it.

21. Life will always go on.